Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

Stop the Rock

Bruce Willis or Bruce Campbell might be interesting choices for that role.

What's with all the hate for the Rock... I was never into the whole wrestling thing, but I thought he did a decent job in Scorpion King and The Rundown (which was a pretty good movie). Scorpion King was pretty bad, of course, but there's not an actor on the planet who could have made that movie good.

Bruce Willis is too old for the part, but Bruce Campbell would probably be good for the part, but that may just be the gay Bruce Campbell fanboy inside me saying that...

Heh, I actually liked The Rundown. But in all truth, they could make a far worse choice than the Rock. He's a pretty good actor considering he's a wrestler. I've never thought of it before, though, but I never really perceived the Doomguy as being quite as tall as him before.

Job said:

Sounds like the movie's going to become just what the Doom comic book was. Campy and chock full of poorly written one-liners. Somehow I'm not surprised.

I'd much rather prefer it like that than serious.

Also, I noticed you suggested Bruce Campbell as well. Come on, you talk about one liners and then mention Bruce Campbell! But I still love the guy. Heterosexually of course

Jonathan said:

... I mean who were you expecting in the lead role? Al Pacino? Patrick Stewart? ...

Patrick Stewart... brilliant!

That is Brilliant.

Bruce Willis would make a good Doomguy AFAIC, but the Rock? Jesus, the fact that he has a stupid alias instead of his real name is just pathetic.

Ralphis said:

Come on, you talk about one liners and then mention Bruce Campbell!

Hahah, true. Though I honestly think that he could really pull a good, serious performance off if he was so inclined. I just wonder how seriously I, or his fanboys, would take him.

I hope they make it a campy one-liner fest starring Bruce Campbell, complete with B-Movie special effects. Otherwise I just could not take the movie seriously.

Job said:

Hahah, true. Though I honestly think that he could really pull a good, serious performance off if he was so inclined. I just wonder how seriously I, or his fanboys, would take him.

He did a good job in his guest spot of Homicide - Life on the Street a few years ago.

I'm not so worried about the Rock being in the movie as I am this:

"Enda McCallion is making his directorial debut on Doom."
http://www.iftn.ie/storimag/endamccallion-f.jpg
Before you all say "well so-and-so had their directorial debut with movie X and it was awesome." For every critically acclaimed so-and-so there are thousands of lowsy Enda McCallions.

And it's Doom for Christ-sakes!!! The studio bosses probably told Enda to make a movie that will make teenage boys flock to the theaters in droves.

I dunno how well they'd fit into a movie like Doom, but I really like actors like Johnny Depp and Edward Norton. Just that neither of them are very macho, but having a machofag would just be too gay anyway. I mean cliche. Of course, Bruce Campbell, naturally, should be the doomguy himself. Haha, and as a joke character, it'd be great to see Jackie Chan running around there, not doing any martial arts or anything, just for the humor.

This movie better be bloody as hell. Someone should tell the gays who might ruin the Doom movie by making it PG13, or whatever, that if their target audience isn't the fucking Doom community, they can easily make a shit movie with a different name, but with The Rock or Vin Diesel or whatever.

And NO, Bruce Willis would not make a good doomguy.

Quasar said:

Which would be worse, the Rock or Vin Diesel?

Please no !
IMO Dolph Lundgren would be better than those two. Hmm, if Arnold would be 20 years younger, he could do the Job...now THAT would be cool.
Well, only my $0.02

The best choice would have been Bruce Willis, but I seriously doubt the screenplay will pay good enough to attract a star of such caliber.

It is a hard choice between the two Bruces, but I'd have to go with Willis too. I think he conveys the attitude better.

gemini09 said:

Someone should tell the gays who might ruin the Doom movie by making it PG13, or whatever, that if their target audience isn't the fucking Doom community, they can easily make a shit movie with a different name, but with The Rock or Vin Diesel or whatever.

OMG THEY BETTER MAKE A BIG EXPENSIVE MOVIE JUST FOR US HERE AT DOOMWORLD!

The movie is based on doom3 anyway. Not our Doom. I hope it's PG13, and I hope it's a good movie instead of resorting to tons of gore. The end.

Heh, as has been discussed before, a movie based on doom couldnt possibly be good unless it were rewritten to the point that it was no longer recognizable as the game we all know and love.

So although I dont like the rock, his presence doesnt really make a huge difference. The best we can hope for is some cool action and perhaps a few scares anyway.

I think the Rock is perfect for the role.

Maybe Hulk Hogan or Randy Savage.

"C'mere Demon, ooo, yeah, snap into a pentagram"

-E

Ralphis said:

OMG THEY BETTER MAKE A BIG EXPENSIVE MOVIE JUST FOR US HERE AT DOOMWORLD!

The movie is based on doom3 anyway. Not our Doom. I hope it's PG13, and I hope it's a good movie instead of resorting to tons of gore. The end.

Hey! You're an idiot!!

sounds like someone wants to get their ass kicked in a deathmatch

Man I love the Rock. I likes the movies he's in and he's a great wrestler....

but as doomguy?

Hell no!

Like I've said before....doomguy HAS TO BE KURT RUSSELL! I mean, just check him out in Escape from New York and Escape from LA! He plays a bad ass Snake Plissken and I know he'll be able to play a bad ass doomguy!

Maybe the Rock can be the cyberdemon.

Ralphis said:

I hope it's PG13

just because you can't get into R movies yet is no reason to ruin it for everyone else!!

Cyb said:

just because you can't get into R movies yet is no reason to ruin it for everyone else!!

You can always get your mummy to walk you in, but then she might start asking questions...