Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Cyb

More Doom 3 Movie Goodness

There's been a clip from G4/TechTV floating around the interweb thingy, so I figured for those of you who haven't seen it yet may want to check it out. You can grab the vid, which showcases a lot of new monsters (including what appears to be an Arch-Vile, and some sort of bat-winged thing) as well as containing interview bits with the guys at id, at the following locations:

There's also a higher resolution version floating around if you can find that. Also, for those of you interested in editing for Doom 3, Shacknews has the following tidbit:

And for those of you wondering about SDK release plans, I asked id Software about it and you can expect game source & related tools not too long after the game hits the shelves. Also keep in mind the editor is in the game .exe so you can start mapping immediately.

Now if the shelf date would get here already everything would be perfect. Oh well, we waited four years, another couple days won't hurt I suppose.

Goodiness, that is cool. THE ARCHVILE RETURNS! I hope it resurrects monsters...

I personally don't like how the game exe has the editor...unless you use a command line to access it, I really don't like giong into the game then hitting an "editor" button...

I've had my doubts, but the more I see, the more I think this game will do justice to Doom's legacy. Even though the number of bad guys you take on is lower, the flow and pace still looks fast and furious, still very... Doomy.

The return of the king is nigh...

DD_133 said:

I personally don't like how the game exe has the editor...unless you use a command line to access it, I really don't like giong into the game then hitting an "editor" button...

I can't think of a better way to edit a level. Create a bit, hit button, test, hit button, create a bit more... should make creating levels for an extremely complex game considerably easier.

Relica Religia said:

Nono, the shipping date was. That means nothing as to when it hits stores.

Ah. Just have to talk to local suppliers really, for that. For my local EB ship date means "day after that", however sometimes they do special things, so they might possibly have doom3 in on ship day...

Is there somewhere I can get a series of screencaps from the video? I'm at work, the codec isn't installed, and I don't have the priveledges to install it.

if i weren't trapped on dialup because my DSL modem is broken and nobody's listening to my requests for a new one, i'd look.

Sign in to follow this