Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

The Birds and the Wads

I like that Einstein quote you posted 5 years ago, hadn't read it before. I'm glad I'm not the only pacifist/anarchist in the community. Although I haven't quite settled on syndicalism yet.

The site could use a big overhaul with respect to dead links.

The links section still has Doomshack and Doomnation!

Little Faith said:

The site could use a big overhaul with respect to dead links.

The links section still has Doomshack and Doomnation!

Trust me, I'm working on this - links section will certainly be re-written soon :)

Also an interesting thing I'm doing with php and browser recognization is making it give a bit differently formatted pages for lynx users (lynx does not support tables) as I'm quite fond of best-viewed-with-any-browser ideology and test my pages with mozilla, opera, links, lynx and dillo...

sargebaldy said:

I like that Einstein quote you posted 5 years ago, hadn't read it before. I'm glad I'm not the only pacifist/anarchist in the community. Although I haven't quite settled on syndicalism yet.

- Anarcho-syndicalism is a way of preserving freedom.
- Oh, Dennis, forget about freedom. We haven't got enough mud.
[/MONTYPYTHONQUOTE]

SirRobin said:

Also an interesting thing I'm doing with php and browser recognization is making it give a bit differently formatted pages for lynx users (lynx does not support tables) as I'm quite fond of best-viewed-with-any-browser ideology and test my pages with mozilla, opera, links, lynx and dillo...

Or you could simply use proper CSS ;)

And while you're at it, what about putting all your reviews in a database? Since you apparently already plan on using PHP there should not be a problem with that (except quite some work, I guess ;).

Szymanski said:

I'm sure catching up will be more than enough work.

Sure. But in the long run I'm sure it's better to have all reviews in a database. Easier to add and maintain entries, and you can do nice stuff like searching. Of course, having everything in huge HTML files was prefectly fine 10 years ago, but it's not that comfortable today.

Yeah, that's why I quit working on my review page, it gets to be too much of a pain to update and I'd like more functionality. But I'm not much of a web designer so I'll just let it rot some more.

Sign in to follow this