Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Manc

New Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil Trailer

Seems like there's an expansion pack I need to get when it comes.

Mmmmm... Looks good... It's been a while since I've played Doom 3, actually... Will be nice to have some new levels/bad guys/weapons to play with. Personally, the thing that really bugs me about the models is how blockish their heads are. I really hope the characters in the expansion don't suffer from that problem.

geekmarine said:

the thing that really bugs me about the models is how blockish their heads are.

I really don't get how that can bother you. I mean, only time you'll notice is in the occational sequence where they talk, and then you usually look at their mouth anyway, seeing how it is a bit jerky. :p

DoomDan said:

*sigh* I wish this expansion will be in the Xbox version

Err, are you living under a stone? The X-box verison of Doom3 will be shipping with the expansion.

Jehar said:

Dammnation upon your voodoo-2 ways!

Heh, I can run the normal game just fine, but I'm not a fan of the excessive darkness. The Voodoo 2 textures remind me a lot of System Shock 2 for some reason.

kristus said:

I really don't get how that can bother you. I mean, only time you'll notice is in the occational sequence where they talk, and then you usually look at their mouth anyway, seeing how it is a bit jerky. :p

I do happen to notice it alot when people are talking... It's like I can't help but focus on their blocky heads. I'm just sayin', is all.

kristus said:

Err, are you living under a stone? The X-box verison of Doom3 will be shipping with the expansion.

He meant he wishes the X-Box Doom 3 would have Resurrection of Evil on it to play. I've wondered if it might before, since they're being released at the same time... but I doubt it.

I'll say it once more.

Resurrection of Evil is included in the X-box verison of Doom3.

Psyonisis said:

Hello rip-offs.

Huh?

kristus said:

I'll say it once more.

[b]Resurrection of Evil is included in the X-box verison of Doom3.

Sorry about that then :P I hadn't ever read anything where it said so. That's awesome news though :D

Psyonisis said:

Hello rip-offs.

Every video game is a ripoff of pong! But that in itself is a ripoff of table tennis, which is a ripoff of tennis... Come on, just because someone does something that's somewhat like what someone did before doesn't mean we need the peanut gallery shouting "RIPOFF!" at every turn, sheesh.

Really. I mean, I guess every FPS has ripped off whatever game that first introduced the Rocket Launcher. OMG NO HALO RIPPED OFF DOOM IT HAD A PLASMA RIFLE. Jesus, get over it.

Xenphire said:

Really. I mean, I guess every FPS has ripped off whatever game that first introduced the Rocket Launcher. OMG NO HALO RIPPED OFF DOOM IT HAD A PLASMA RIFLE. Jesus, get over it.

The PDA/lock combination thing though? Heh. Someone at ID is a fan of looking glass studios.

But besides the fact that every FPS blatantly rips off the last one, I think it's important to choose what exactly is RIGHT to rip off. This expansion just seems to be taking every gimmick from recent FPSes and throwing it all into one, which may or may not be a good combination. Though it looks flashy and pretty, guess we'll only know when it comes out.

Well, when it comes down to it, if an idea works for others and you think you can do it better, then by all means try it. That's part of what keeps the game industry evolving. Usually if someone borrows someone else's idea, they alteast modify it and add some of their own elements to it, ie. the Grabber.

Shaikoten said:

This expansion just seems to be taking every gimmick from recent FPSes and throwing it all into one

Other than the gravity gun, I can't think of any gimmicks taken from recent FPSes. The bullet-time thing has been used before, sure, but not AFAIK in an FPS.

Nick, don't you see? There's monsters, and weapons and a woman NPC (just like in HL2).

How exacty do the Forgotten, Bruisers, Vulgars, etc copy gimmicks from recent FPS'? The SSG is hardly a "gimmick from a recent FPS" either, having been in 3/4 of FPS' since Doom 2.

And having a female character is a "gimmick" now? LOL. You seem to have forgotten that Doom 3 itself had a couple of female characters, so following that logic it was HL2 that "took a gimmick from recent FPSes" ;).

NiGHTMARE said:

How exacty do the Forgotten, Bruisers, Vulgars, etc copy gimmicks from recent FPS'? The SSG is hardly a "gimmick from a recent FPS" either, having been in 3/4 of FPS' since Doom 2.

And having a female character is a "gimmick" now? LOL. You seem to have forgotten that Doom 3 itself had a couple of female characters, so following that logic it was HL2 that "took a gimmick from recent FPSes" ;).

are u for real i thought doom3 had only 1 female character (u know the one that has a major migraine and her head explodes ..btw is she crying cause they took her eggs so that christoper reeves can walk agin?u do know hes just a head in a jar now i saw him in the secret level in doom3 was cool)

Who the hell cares how much it looks like this that or the other, if it's fun who should care?

Looks like this is worthy of me money.

MORBIDTWATT said:

are u for real i thought doom3 had only 1 female character (u know the one that has a major migraine and her head explodes ..btw is she crying cause they took her eggs so that christoper reeves can walk agin?u do know hes just a head in a jar now i saw him in the secret level in doom3 was cool)

Your english makes no sense.

NiGHTMARE said:

I see someone didn't get my sarcasm. :p

NiGHTMARE said:

The SSG is hardly a "gimmick from a recent FPS" either, having been in 3/4 of FPS' since Doom 2.

Quite.
And a breech-lock break-barrel SSG has only been used in a few games since Doom 2. (Can only think of Blood 1 & 2 and the Serious Sam games).

Oh yes and the Grabber can grab and toss small enemies and even bullets, so who cares if the idea *might* have come from HL2 (which btw "stole" the idea from Jedi Knight 2, which probably "stole" the idea from....ahhh nevermind, Valve fanboys don't listen to reason or facts anyway).

Anyways, I found it immensely satisfying to gun down demons in Doom 3's extremely well-designed levels and I personally can't wait to play through more professionally created maps for the same game, but with an SSG(!) and a few other 'niceties' added, so screw all the naysayers and trolls and damn them to an eternity of Hell.