Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

First Picture From Doom Movie!!!!!!

Several people wrote in to alert us to the first "real" picture from the upcoming Doom movie to be leaked onto the net. The shot shows a contingent of space marines special ops standing around in their spiffy black duds, since I guess green breastplates with exposed bellies are out this season. Gamespot elaborates on some recent info, such as The Rock describing how he gets to use the, uh, "bio-force gun." Interesting usage of our favorite acronym. The Gamespot article further says that "the film will take place in a paramilitary research facility on Mars" but I don't remember there being many big grassy fields on Mars. Eh, we'll see.

If that troop is going versus hell....
bye bye satan ^.^

BTW: In all this hype for the actors of the doom movie, i would be interest whom you would put it for Duke for a DN Movie?
I thought of Bruce Willis.

As opposed to the nice green rolling hills of Phobos ala Doom episode one.

Bastet Furry said:

If that troop is going versus hell....
bye bye satan ^.^

BTW: In all this hype for the actors of the doom movie, i would be interest whom you would put it for Duke for a DN Movie?
I thought of Bruce Willis.

Paul Newman in Duke Newman: Newman's 0WN3D

You shure this is from Doom? And not just from any Spec ops movie the rock might have been in?

Linguica said:

I don't remember there being many big grassy fields on Mars. Eh, we'll see.

I don't remember there being any atmosphere, an earth-level of gravity, or mountains with foliage on Phobos either.

At least the movie could plausibly use the excuse that the planet has been terraformed. If they tried that on a planetoid as small as Phobos, the new atmosphere would just float off into space.

About the grass in mars, that's because of the bio-force gun, it fires a green ooze that can make grow grass even in the esterile surface of mars. The rock and the other are spreading the grass in the whole planet, some of the dudes get thirsty while doing the job, and drinked some of the ooze, then they turn into odd monsters. The pinky is a guy with pink flowers instead of eyes, and the cyberdemon is a guy that looks like a tree.

Ah, so the BFG is really a Genesis terraforming device, and the Klingons demonic mutants want to use it as a weapon. This is all starting to make sense.

I just spent twelve days in jail to come back and find out that the Rock is staring in the Doom movie, and to proove it there's a picture. Honestly though, if it weren't the Doom movie, it looks like something I'd go see purely because it's a space flick. However, since it's the Doom movie, I'm going to have to see this. For some reason I'm remembering Starship Troopers...

Well, I'm going to have to see this with an open mind now. Wait, I was gonna do that anyway.

big grassy field would suggest they're on earth, and haven't gone to mars/olduvai/whatever yet.

dethtoll said:

big grassy field would suggest they're on earth, and haven't gone to mars/olduvai/whatever yet.

Now I know why that name sounds so familiar. They totally ripped it off from the Olduvai Gorge in Africa where Louis Leakey first discovered remains of Australopithecus boisei.

kristus said:

Does this movie have a 5 dollar budget?

No, just the writers. Even the Vietnamese child laborers scoffed at their paltry budget.

hey, even if it does suck, we all get to talk about how much it sucks. but if it's great? we can all talk about what we liked. since we're all gonna go SEE IT ANYWAY.

NiGHTMARE said:

I don't remember there being any atmosphere, an earth-level of gravity, or mountains with foliage on Phobos either.

Man you really won't give up will you

ScareCrow said:

I just spent twelve days in jail to come back and find out that the Rock is staring in the Doom movie

Where the Hell have you been for the past 2 years?

There should be bets on what the final one-liner of the movie will be when the biggest demon/monster gets killed.

"You're doomed!"

ugh.

I still don't get why everyone thinks they're standing on mars in that shot.

Mancubus II said:

I still don't get why everyone thinks they're standing on mars in that shot.

I was wondering that myself. It's obvious that they are still on Earth.

I'm just hoping this will be bad enough I can enjoy it. I mean if this is only moderately bad it won't be worth my time to watch. If it's truly terrible though, I'll enjoy every minute. But so far I'm pretty excited.