Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

First Picture From Doom Movie!!!!!!

Hahaha, y'all thought it was supposed to be Mars! That's funny.
They're obviously still on Earth, as some have already pointed out.
Anyways, I thought it was confirmed that the movie was taking place on some "Olduvai" and that there was no demons, but some gay arse virus. Yet, that review states that the movie is taking place on Mars. So whats the deal, does anyone know for sure? Maybe all hope is not lost...

The pic is kickarse, makes me feel all tingly inside, but it just doesn't scream Doom. It screams S.W.A.T / Stargate SG-1 to me, which isn't good. But I'm aware that it's just a pic, so I'm not making any vast judgements yet. I still have hope for this movie, but I'm very scared aswell.

I noticed something which I thought was very interesting...
http://friendpages.com/pages/gamers/bigmushroom/photo6.jpg
Have a look at the gun The Rock is holding, and now check this out:
http://friendpages.com/pages/gamers/bigmushroom/photo5.jpg
Yep, thats the classic Plasma Rifle from Doom.

Now is it just me, or does the Rock's gun look extremely similar to the old Plasma Rifle? I hope is it, I hope so bad.

Will the movie feature IDCLIP (or IDSPISPOPD)? when
they walk through walls, do the floors and ceilings
of the ajecent rooms stretch out tward their position
like in the game?

If not, I'll be throwing my popcorn at the screen, and
yelling about the gross inaccuracies, while the men in the
clean white coats come and take me away, ha ha....

Nazxul said:

Anyways, I thought it was confirmed that the movie was taking place on some "Olduvai" and that there was no demons, but some gay arse virus. Yet, that review states that the movie is taking place on Mars. So whats the deal, does anyone know for sure? Maybe all hope is not lost...

The Olduvai/no demons stuff hasn't been officially confirmed, they're only popular rumours. So popular in fact, that many people have taken these details as 100% guaranteed to be true.

Another thing you people are jumping the gun about: who says that's an actual shot from the movie? Looks to me like it's just one of those behind-the-scenes-get-the-cast-together-for-a-badass-pose-pics that are always taken on the set of a movie.

Oh, and about the plasma rifle thing, as somebody said, the whole pic almost looks like something that was Photoshopped.

Dodge said:

behind-the-scenes-get-the-cast-together-for-a-badass-pose-pics

A crewshot.

Wad'a'Holic said:

This movie could end up as a masterpiece, but if it doesnt, we can always forget ;)

But if they fuck it up, and you KNOW they will, that's it, DOOM is done. Once you go down that road you can't go back, at least not for about 10 years. You can't unfuck something. Once Hollywood ruins a story, it's basically ruined forever.

Uh, what? I don't remember any other computer or console games ever being negatively affected by having a poor quality movie made of them. I mean, all the Resident Evil movie haters still seem to like/hate the games just as much as they always did.

Besides, Doom survived the novels and the comic, and nothing can possible be worse than those...

Now, that's a bit harsh. I'm no Rock fan, but Steven Segal? No way. Well, look at it this way, he's not the level of Walker Texas Ranger (I forgot his name).

^^^^ Chuck Noris

And the Rock actually can act, but his range is pretty limited (pretty much limited to huge quiet guy (like in the Rundown) or a variation of the character he played in the WWF (which is something like raging moron in a speedo)). He's certainly a better actor than Ahnuld, and everyone loves him, rite? I think there's animosity because he was a wrasler. I mean come on, people love Hulk Hoagan but not the Rock? It's all the same retarded crap, you were just younger when you saw the Hulkster so he seemed cool, but he was really lame.

PS - they could have teraformed Mars!

I just hope that its a pic of the fist scerity team that gets eat'n by the demons. Then the real DooM guy starts kicking demon ass. I would love to see the Rock get his gut ripped open by a Demon. I bet he will rock bottom some thing. It will kill the whole moive if he dose.

Cyb said:

stuff.

Bah, I hate all those people. They fall into the big muscular moron bin.

I want Bruce Willis, he'll always be awesome. Even when he's ninety and doesn't have his own teeth and possibly a diaper (which is his own).

kristus said:

Bah, I hate all those people. They fall into the big muscular moron bin.

'Fraid not. Schwarzennger and Stallone are both probably more intelligent anyone who's posted in this thread, having IQs of 135 and 141 respectively.

NiGHTMARE said:

'Fraid not. Schwarzennger and Stallone are both probably more intelligent anyone who's posted in this thread, having IQs of 135 and 141 respectively.

Do you really think that those IQs are higher than anyone else's in this thread? That's a really poor assumption. By the way, IQ isn't an accurate gauge of intelligence.

They use the Genesis weapon from Star Trek to Terraform the planet!

Think about the consequences. It Aint the monsters the Peoples Champ needs to worry about...

Fredrik said:

Pfft, Chuck Norris.

MacGyver would kick his ass any day.

All you need is duct tape, a straw, and some gum and you got yourself a bomb! ^_^

(and/or a naqueda generator)

IQ is a test measuring how well you can take an IQ test. As intelligence is socially defined and promotes some qualities over others (basically focusing on math and logic problems) that is what it attempts to measure. Many of these tests are also multiple choice problems, leaving to a greater percentage of chance error. Furthermore, scores are measured in comparison to other individuals that have taken the same test, with the average weighted at 100. Thus, IQ test score comparison cannot be used well cross-dimensionally as tests are written by numerous authors, may vary significantly in what aspects of "intelligence" are being measured, may be weighted differently in account of age or gender, and depend entirely on the remainder of the sample set used for comparison.

And anyway, I've consistently scored 135+ on any IQ test I've taken.

exp(x) said:

Do you really think that those IQs are higher than anyone else's in this thread? That's a really poor assumption. By the way, IQ isn't an accurate gauge of intelligence.

Considering the average IQ is 100 (not to mention the average quality of posts in this thread), I feel it's an excellent assumption.

IQ is a highly objective measure of intelligence. Plus, things like common sense, social interaction, judging something, etc aren't to do with a person's intelligence, but their wisdom (although obviously intelligent will often play a role in such things).

For someone who knows many things but is inadequate when it comes to making decisions and they like, terms like "moronic" or "idiotic" wouldn't correctly describe him. More appopriate would be "foolish" or "inept".

IQ is a highly objective measure of intelligence at a given point in time. I've scored as high as 156 and as low as 135. So am I an assclown? Will I be Einstein around lunch tomorrow? Should I be starring in this movie instead?

An actor's IQ rating has little to do with his/her ability to entertain me and put on a good show. I'd like to see Stephen Hawking try a broadway performance. Frankly I dont care how smart or stupid these people are. Their job is to entertain me.

The shot is more than likely a crewshot for press release. And I think the guns look fine. The outfits seem kinda skimpy though.

The quote that brought up the IQ issue doesn't sound like it was intended to describe purely their entertainment/acting capabilities...

Actually, it seems as if Kristus was describing the the types of characters they most often play, rather than their actual personalities.

sargebaldy said:

IQ is a test measuring how well you can take an IQ test. As intelligence is socially defined and promotes some qualities over others (basically focusing on math and logic problems) that is what it attempts to measure. Many of these tests are also multiple choice problems, leaving to a greater percentage of chance error. Furthermore, scores are measured in comparison to other individuals that have taken the same test, with the average weighted at 100. Thus, IQ test score comparison cannot be used well cross-dimensionally as tests are written by numerous authors, may vary significantly in what aspects of "intelligence" are being measured, may be weighted differently in account of age or gender, and depend entirely on the remainder of the sample set used for comparison.

And anyway, I've consistently scored 135+ on any IQ test I've taken.

Exactly; it should also be noted that IQ tests do not compensate for the condition the person taking the test is in. My test was taken shortly after I was diagnosed with major depression (and was prescribed psychotropic drugs). The person administering the test said that my score would most likely be affected by it, and I got a 135 anyway.

What sargebaldy said.

IQ tests are an objective way to measure intelligence only if you define intelligence to be that which is measured by IQ tests.

My 5 cent:
You can only be sure about someones inteligence if you monitor his brain activities while he does something.
(Those nice pictures of the brain that look like some sort of heath image)