Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Evil Patched

Ant has let us know about the release of version 1.3 of Doom 3. The SDK has been updated as well, bringing with it the game code for Resurrection of Evil. More info about the patch, including the Linux version, is available here at LinuxGames.

DD_133 said:

I dont even remember 1.2... @_@

1.2 was only available for those who bought RoE.

Does this patch enable you to play without the cd as RoE did?

[EDIT]Yeah, it does.

I've been told that there's no skyboxes in this version (1.2 had skyboxes)

Correction: The skyboxes are only in the RoE SDK, it need to be moved from there to the Doom3 SDK to be used in stock Doom3.

In the readme, it says that it will change your single player saved games so that they are at the beginning of the level but when I loaded my game, it was the same as always. At first I was pissed because I thought I lost my games because I couldn't find a readme before. So if anyone wants to see it before downloading, here is the update readme:

============================
Doom 3(TM) 1.3 Update README

Last updated 5-10-2005

This 1.3 patch is for DOOM 3(TM) and DOOM 3(TM): Resurrection of Evil(TM).

Please note that in-game console commands are not supported by Activision(R).

This update for Doom 3 addresses issues found in multiplayer and single player since release. A complete list of what we have fixed and added is below. For future releases and more information about the game, please visit our web site: http://www.doom3.com

For additional technical help with Doom 3, please see the Help system that came with the game, or visit our web site: http://www.doom3.com

NOTES FOR MOD USERS:
====================

- It is recommended that any user modifications that have been installed to the Doom3 directory be removed before installing this update. These modifications are not supported by Activision and may not be compatible with some of the new features that are included.

NOTE FOR SINGLE PLAYER SAVED GAMES:
===================================

- Using this update will reset your progress in whatever map you are currently saved in. When loading a saved game, the player starts at the begining of that map with their inventory intact.

- Using this update will reset the Nightmare skill setting. If you are playing in Nightmare mode before applying the 1.3 update, you will need to re-enable it in the console (g_nightmare 1). After enabling it in the console, the game must be relaunched in order for nightmare mode to show up as a selectable option.

NOTE FOR WIN32 DEDICATED SERVER EXECUTABLE
==========================================
- Also included in the 1.3 update is a Win32 dedicated server executable. This allows servers to be run under Win32 without a CD Check. You can launch this with command line options or configure it through the console once launched. Just launch "Doom3Ded.exe".

Fixes & Updates in 1.3:
- PunkBuster(TM) support has been added. When enabling or disabling PunkBuster(TM) on a server, the game must be restarted before the change takes effect.
- EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) support in the sound engine contributed by Creative Labs(R). Doom 3 base game comes with room reverb data.
- To utilize EAX(R) ADVANCED HD(TM) in Doom 3, you must have 100% EAX 4.0 compatible sound card. Please refer to your sound card manufacturer for details on whether or not your sound card supports EAX 4.0.
- Sound Blaster(R) Audigy(R) 2 users who wish to utilize the new EAX 4.0 feature in Doom 3 should download the latest Creative Beta Drivers for the card released on April 5th, 2005. Not using these drivers may result in game instability while using EAX 4.0.
- Server provides .pk4 file download URLs (http/ftp), client has internal download.
- New class of .pk4 files: 'addon paks' are only referenced when the map is loaded in.
- .pk4 downloads and addon paks come with a number of fixes to the 'pure server mode' filesystem code.
- Fixed ragdoll bounciness.
- Fixed how Doom 3 detects LAN client vs. Internet clients.
- LZW compression of render demos.
- Fixed command line parameter passing.
- Added a Quake III-style graph of the connection quality for network clients. It can be toggled with the console command net_clientLagOMeter 1 or 0. This displays a graph of how much the client predicts ahead of the server. Note that as a host you can specify a client's minimum prediction ahead of the server with net_clientPrediction followed by the number of milliseconds. Increasing this value may help with lag.
- Saved Games from previous versions of the Russian version of Doom 3 cannot be loaded after installing the 1.3 patch. Also, when saving games with Russian characters, names with same amount of characters overwrite each other after installing the 1.3 patch. It is recommended you use non-Cyrillic characters when creating saved games in the Russian version of Doom 3.

Changes relevant to mod developers (SDK):

- Added UploadImage to idRenderSystem interface. This lets the user blit images to the renderer.
- Supports fs_game_base; this lets you base a mod off base game + d3xp + your own content.
- Most of the download redirection is handled in the game code, and can be extended.

Linux specific:

- ALSA device opened non-blocking to avoid hangs.