Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Dittohead

GZDoom 0.9.7 Released

Ok, I see, 160 now sets the 3D floor, and the Floor and Ceiling settings are the reversed of how they are in Legacy, thus I have to think backwards. Kinda strange but I get that much so far. :)

Before I try to make this 3D floor sloped, I want to know if you can do the translucent floors of legacy, so that it looks like you are walking on glass or a force field or what ever?

XDelusion said:

Ok, I see, 160 now sets the 3D floor, and the Floor and Ceiling settings are the reversed of how they are in Legacy, thus I have to think backwards. Kinda strange but I get that much so far. :)

Only when type is 0. That's the Vavoom style and also the least user-friendly. Types 1-3 which are used for Legacy-style 3D-floors are not inverted. The inverted type also has the disadvantage that such 3D-floors cannot be moved.

Best read this: http://forum.drdteam.org/viewtopic.php?t=231

Before I try to make this 3D floor sloped, I want to know if you can do the translucent floors of legacy, so that it looks like you are walking on glass or a force field or what ever?

Translucent 3D-floors are supported.
Sloped 3D-floors though are still buggy, can not be translucent and exhibit problems when walked on. There's still a considerable amount of work to do with them.

Ok, I'll join your forums so as not to disrupt the point of this post any further. This is awsome, you've really made my day...

...no longer do I have to wait on the Legacy team me thinks, though I'm still behind them as well all the way!

GZDoom made my notebook overheat. I could fry an egg on that sucker, I swear. cl_capfps true seems to fix that problem.

Csonicgo said:

GZDoom made my notebook overheat. I could fry an egg on that sucker, I swear. cl_capfps true seems to fix that problem.

I notice your notebook has lots of heating problems...

I hate using cl_capfps. It looks like a slideshow on my machine, but otherwise it uses 100% of my processor. Good thing it's an Athlon 64 which runs at 50C max.

Sign in to follow this