Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Bloodshedder

Simple Life Ain't so Simple

Agent Spork bugged me about an update he's made to his Simplicity page. To put it simply, the maps he decided to cut plus several new maps will be included in a new episode, and the original maps will be tweaked and changed.

kc32 said:

I can't get the end of Map 11 to open. Or get any keys in Map 12.

Are you using the latest version of ZDOOM and Simplicity?

I'm using GZdoom and the last version of Simplicity I knew about.

EDIT: Downloaded the wad again, still doesn't work.

kc32 said:

I can't get the end of Map 11 to open. Or get any keys in Map 12.

It would help to narrow down the problem if you told us what exactly happens.

Once I get all the switches flipped in Map11, the wall at the end doesn't open, and in Map12, nothing happens when I hit the switch by the yellow key. No doors or walls open.

kc32 said:

Once I get all the switches flipped in Map11, the wall at the end doesn't open, and in Map12, nothing happens when I hit the switch by the yellow key. No doors or walls open.

That's because you are missing a piece of the puzzle. The switch in MAP12 for example only works when the monsters that are spawning in are dead.

The Flange Peddler said:

Excellent news, good luck in getting the whole megawad done Spork. It'd be nice to see a bit more height variation in these new non-linear levels too.

Yeah, that's another one of my common problems I'm trying to work out. My maps are very flat.

Spork's only doing this because he's a crafty bastard. Since he'll be re-releasing Simplicity with 10-11 (depending on the amount of secret levels) new maps in 2006, he'll be able to win Mapper of the Year and a WAD of the Year award again.

Spork, you're just too clever for us.

-_DLD_- said:

Spork's only doing this because he's a crafty bastard. Since he'll be re-releasing Simplicity with 10-11 (depending on the amount of secret levels) new maps in 2006, he'll be able to win Mapper of the Year and a WAD of the Year award again.

Spork, you're just too clever for us.

That wasn't my intention and I seriously doubt it's going to happen. In fact, I'd really rather it not happen.

Oh yeah, one more thing, there's a HOM in Map11. How do I post images from my HD to here?

kc32 said:

Oh yeah, one more thing, there's a HOM in Map11. How do I post images from my HD to here?

http://www.imageshack.us/

Marty Razor Kirra said:

Is this set of levels going to be the set originally called Return from the Abyss? I found that looking through the wad :P.

Actually, yeah it was. The second episode was supposed to be the mostly hellish levels, and the third episode was supposed to be after you escaped hell and return to earth, hence the name.

I can't really do that now, seeing as how episode 2 ended up being a mish-mash of both earth/hell maps. Hm, probably should have removed the information regarding that from the wad. :P

I'm guessing that's a GL hole because it doesn't show up in normal ZDoom. EDIT: Nevermind. I was looking in the wrong spot.

Sign in to follow this