Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kristus

For The Thief In You

The Dark Mod updated a month ago, saying they now have a basic lipsynching feature for their AI, as well as mentioning the availability of a new version of their Darkradiant (v0.8.0) editor. New team members are also greatly helping the project's progress.

For those who don't know, The Dark Mod is a Total Conversion of Doom 3 into a stealth Thief game heavily inspired by the Thief 1 and 2 games by Looking Glass Studios.

Go check out the new stuff from The Dark Mod.

FP!

awesome. i've been following the dark mod and while sometimes their teammembers can be dicks (so much as mention thief 3 and they piss all over themselves in fury) they've got a good thing going here.

Well, most of you do that with Doom3 too.

BTW; I'm surpriced this news post came up so late. Since I made it before the one about Skulltag being updated. :s

kristus said:

Well, most of you do that with Doom3 too.

eh. doom 3 is alright, but not the greatest game in the world. and no other game using the d3 engine has impressed me yet (that includes prey.)

I notice that the main thrust of the Dark mod is to provide a set of tools that others can then use to create fan missions. Are there any decent fan missions available yet?

I just looked at it, and it's not actually featuring any resources from the editing package in the download. It's "just" their verion of the Quake3(GTK?) Radiant editor and from what I can tell, it's working with Doom3 for the moment.

Doom 3...mod..wait...

*checks browser location* ( yup, this is DoomWorld.....)

doom 3 ????

Ancient news???

twilight zone?

Pretty neat. I remember this mod from a long time ago when Doom 3 first came out. Poor Doom 3 and its lack of developement. I still hear people recommending titles of some of the first maps ever created for people to play that were made during the summer the game was released. It takes so long to create something substantial.

enjay had it right, actually. basically they're providing a set of editing tools, plus a few missions to show off their skills and satisfy the folks who want to get playing right away (like me.) not sure if that amounts to a full campaign but if not, well, the thief editing community is pretty prolific, which is saying something since dromed is one of the more evil editing tools. i'm sure they'll come up with something.

Their number one goal is to get the tools done and released, their next goal is to hopefully make a campain of their own.

This certainly catches my interest, but I'm glad to know it'll be a year before it's ready. Maybe I'll have a new computer by then.

The tools set is certainly one of the focal points of the mod, however they're developing it along side of development of the mod itself.