Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lupinx-Kassman

Harmonious Release

Loved the design, graphics/sprite work were great. Kinda hoped there would be more contrast between the original Doom arsenal / enemies and the ones in Harmony. Perhaps if the dehacked file were to be replaced with some more dynamic decorate programming it would feel more like a stand alone game as opposed to a Doom clone. Either way, it is outstanding in terms of quality.

Best Doom Mod I've played this year. The flow of the levels is amazing... you never feel lost even in the largest map.

Agreed about the dehacked... since this uses ZDoom, I'd love to see a re-release taking advantage of a few decorate ideas (Minor weapon changes to make them a bit more unique, better offsets, shotgun raising rather than appearing). Also agreed on the centaurs... they are really obnoxious... less health would probably help that. Also a mapinfo lumpfix to remove jumping/crouching... I couldn't tell if I was supposed to use them or not. There is also a really bad bug... it seems the final boss's chainguns only do damage the first couple frames, then her loop cycle doesn't hurt you. You can stand in front of her all day taking no damage.

That said, this felt like a real nostalgia trip... like I was playing fortress of Dr Radakai or some other old Doom clone.

Odd, I didn't get that chaingun bug like you were describing, Scuba Steve. Then again I used the engine provided...

The Centaur map was indeed a bit annoying for me as well, I actually didn't go for 100% kill in that, just much more concerned in my survival than anything. Definitely looked great though.

I honestly liked the way the colors were used; the Colormap hackery was brilliant, letting those beady blue eyes or the bright yellow lights shine through the darkness like that. Great, great stuff.

*Xaser approves of this game. :)

I also love being able to call it a game, not just a mod. It's otherworldly and cool like that. Kudos to you, Sir van der Velden. :)

Scuba Steve said:

fortress of Dr Radakai

Hah, I still got that game. It sucks. :p can't even strafe.

prdarkfox said:

Odd, I didn't get that chaingun bug like you were describing, Scuba Steve. Then again I used the engine provided...

I ran it with the provided exe.

wow, thank you Jute. There have been 750 downloads in one day (since it was posted on TIGS) :-).

Almost 2000 people have downloaded it in less than 2 weeks, which is more than I ever expected.

BTW: I will update my website this weekend and put up some (concept) drawings I made for Harmony.

t.v. said:

Almost 2000 people have downloaded it in less than 2 weeks, which is more than I ever expected.

You definitely deserve it, dude. :D This is probably the wad of the year for me and one of the best standalone releases in a long time. The last one I can think of was the Foreverhood.

Edit:
And Action Doom 2. :p

While the new art resources obviously had a lot of time put into them, I can't help but feel the levels aren't up the same standard. Anyone plan on making levels for this? :P

udderdude said:

While the new art resources obviously had a lot of time put into them, I can't help but feel the levels aren't up the same standard. Anyone plan on making levels for this? :P

Maybe after I'm done with some other maps I'm working on ... if (g)zdoom is going to recognize it as an iwad is codeimp or someone going to make a DB2 config for it?

This wad is cool! I would like to make a TAS movie of it, but it's not compatible with PrBoom+.

1. The items and monsters are so big

2. Pistol's firerate is various,

3. I can't use a shotgun, so the game switches me back to pistol. If I shoot from it, shotgun shells limit increases by 1.

4. You can't take a green keycard on Map 1 unless you use -complevel -1. Otherwise, it leads to "Unknown taking item" error.

5. Revenant's projectiles are slim when it faces you.

I don't know if someone will make this wad Boom-compatible, but, if this happens, I'll execute my wish.

UPD: I apologize for raising this thread for a reason that might be not good enough.

Edited by Dimon12321

Ikav4j2.png

You should really consider reading the big red warning at the bottom of all +2 year old threads before bumping them.

On 8/16/2019 at 2:26 PM, Gothic said:

Ikav4j2.png

You should really consider reading the big red warning at the bottom of all +2 year old threads before bumping them.

Yep, this is not a satisfactory reason to continue discussion. Off with his head!

Sincerely - Gothic, The Maker of All Rules Ever