Doom 3: Phobos Releases new Media

Well for one thing the map in that shot sure looks nicer than any of the stock Doom 3 maps.

Still, looks quite typical for a UAC base. Honestly, I really like that design, and I wish that there was a better map editor specifically suited with prefabs for this theme [I'm guessing some of Team Future's designers have this same thought]. Realistically, a building on an non-habitable planet would have quite strict regulations on what materials to use.

Makes it look rather celshaded, compared with other screenies Ive seen

It's mostly because of the textures used I think. Cause this shot is taken in Vanilla Doom 3.

Thanks for the kind words btw!

geX said:

Cause this shot is taken in Vanilla Doom 3.

Are you using a port for Doom 3?

printz said:

Still, looks quite typical for a UAC base. Honestly, I really like that design, and I wish that there was a better map editor specifically suited with prefabs for this theme [I'm guessing some of Team Future's designers have this same thought]. Realistically, a building on an non-habitable planet would have quite strict regulations on what materials to use.

the doom3 ed got prefab support afaik.

Avoozl said:

Well for one thing the map in that shot sure looks nicer than any of the stock Doom 3 maps.

You kidding? It blows Doom3 away.

printz said:

Are you using a port for Doom 3?

Nope. We have a few custom stuff build into vanilla doom 3. But that's only AI and stuff, nothing with the renderer.

How close is the mod to completion?Will you release it this year?

DooM_RO said:

How close is the mod to completion?Will you release it this year?

This is Doom 3, man :)

We have no release date as of yet. It's done when it's done :)

Honestly i don't really think it looks that good. Almost looks like a beginner's attempt at building fancy geometry in 3dsmax, rendered with wireframes on and no textures. Especially the stuff at the very top. And why don't the crates cast any shadows? :p