Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Memfis

ZDaemon Thursday Night Survival #112 - Unholy Realms

This week we are playing newly released megawad "Unholy Realms" by Brian "Snakes" Knox. It consists of short and medium-sized maps with Scythe-inspired gameplay. Note that the wad is still in the beta-testing stage, so if you encounter any problems, don't hesitate to report them in this Doomworld thread.

• Skill: Ultra Violence
  • PWADs: tnsskins1a, ur_beta2, tns112
  • Maps: map01-map32
  • Lives: 1
  • Euro session: 19:00 BST @ [L@P] - Germany, Europe
  • US session: 19:00 EDT @ DUI - New Jersey, USA
  • Date: 3rd October 2013
  • More Details...
Get ZDaemon and join in.

Don't know if this is the appropriate page for this, but I am having issues accessing Zdaemon webpages. Every webpage hosted by Zdaemon just comes up as 'page cannot be found', but when I use a proxy bypass website, it comes up just fine. Any ideas on what's causing this?

Do you have any plugins in your browser? (Script blocker etc). They might interfere with the page I sometimes can't access because I need to allow some things for the page to work.

Springy said:

Do you have any plugins in your browser? (Script blocker etc). They might interfere with the page I sometimes can't access because I need to allow some things for the page to work.

Actually, I'm getting this on any computer/smart phone on my wi-fi network. I'm assuming I've been IP-banned or something. Have no idea what for though.

Most probably a range ban on someone else, that's the most common case with ZDaemon and Zandronum. It's usually fixed by whitelisting (excluding the non-offender's particular IP/alias from the range).

There have been a couple of other queries about this from a few in the Australian region.

It's DNS related.

In most cases, after changing the Primary and Secondary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively, most afflicted could get back on again.

If a ban is suspected, PM me your IP and it can be checked to see whether it is caught anywhere. In this case, a ban is extremely unlikely.

Additional: It looks like this may be a general DNS related problem with Telstra. If necessary, I'd strongly recommend getting in cotact with them to see what could be going on. At the moment, I cannot confirm whether other ISPs in the region are affected.