Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

Prepare For Chaos

Played through the whole thing now.. and I must say that it is one of the most impressive PCs I have seen so far. Lighting and architecture is just perfect. Gameplay is good, maybe a few gunners too much or one health box or two too little for my taste, but very nice anyway.
This is one of the only wads where 3d bridges are used very well to make more advanced layouts possible, very impressive.

It's GREAT! I think Chris Lutz is the most creative mapper ever! I don't know how he imagines all those HUGE structures, let alone actually building them.

Great maps with incredible lighting and design... I wish I could make maps like that :)

I can't play it!Aaaahhh!!!Nooooo!
I can only play the first level on legacy... -Polysize 2048
Heh heh...
I'll try it on Edge...

Erik said:

This is one of the only wads where 3d bridges are used very well to make more advanced layouts possible, very impressive.

This is why he didn't want mlook!
I turned it off... why, you ask?You could see through them!
I didn't want to spoil the feeling so I turned mlook off...
it looked great!I liked the underwater parts the best..

This was sent to me by Nokturnus, and I hope that it helps those of you who are running XP and having trouble with the engine:

"It's odd, 'cause i manage to run this thing even on a XP machine set compatibility mode to Windows 95)."

I don't have XP, so I really don't know what he is talking about; anyway, for what it's worth, I hope this helps.

Hello, all...

It has been ages since I've posted here. It's good to be back.

I just want to say how proud I am to finally see my concept realized. As the former Chaos Crew leader, I was the one who came up with the basic idea of Caverns of Darkness. Ideas are where games begin. But none of it would have been possible without the outstanding help I found in every single individual who contributed to the project.

They gave form to the idea.

To you guys on the Chaos Crew team, I take my hat off. It was an honor working with you.

And to all the people who download Caverns of Darkness and play through it, you have my thanks.

I regret that I couldn't see the project through to its completion, but there were issues that I felt warranted my departure from the Doom community. Issues which still have yet to be resolved. I have noted the complaints/regrets that projects aren't cross-mod compatible, and had this community accepted my proposal of a truly unified codebase (the MegaDoom project), it is quite possible that someone could be even now porting CoD into it. But certain individuals who carried a large amount of weight here thought it would be more fun to practice the art elitism and contemptuous ridicule towards me. As a result, I took my toys and went to play in my own back yard.

I am now administrator of the Diversified Community of Game Developers, a non-profit organization in the process of being formed dedicated to finding talent within the varrious editing communities areound the popular games of today, and offering them a means of hooking up with each other within and outside of their root communities. Our first fully functional community is the one surrounding the newly released action/RPG "The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind." I will be supporting that community with a detailed index of all known morrowind mods, as well as maintaining the Morrowind Continuity Bible, which will track ALL mods that are intended to add content to the game without altering how it is played.

That's only one community. the DCGD also will provide support for Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast and The Wheel of Time, and when it is released, Neverwinter Nights. So I have quite a full plate. I'd invite the Doom community to join, but it is clear to me that too many people are still too busy bickering about which mod is better and bashing people for not using their favorite mod and complaining about not being able to play certain projects on certain mods. It's sad.

I said this once before and I'll say it again. The best and worst thing that ever happened to Doom was the release of its source code. The Doom "Community" died that day.

Perhaps there are some of you who feel the same way. Perhaps some of you feel that a universal source-mod is needed. If so, contact me at gbjackson@dcgd.org, and perhaps we can talk about our options. Let the nay-sayers say nay while we make a way.

I just wish the community would just come together again, sharing techniques and knowledge to strengthen itself.

I didn't really plan on bringing this up, but I'm not one to dance around an issue. For those who wonder why I left the Chaos Crew, that's why. MegaDoom was the direction I had planned to take part of the team after CoD was finished. But with the attitude the concept was med with, I felt that there was no point. What I planned to do wasn't wanted, so that meant that I was not needed.

But I left the Chaos Crew and Caverns of Darkness in very capable hands. And now we can all enjoy the fruits of their labor.

Well done!

That's all for now. Whether or not there's any more depends on this community.