Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Gamespot Doom 3 Impressions

Gamespot has posted a meaty two-page article describing the behind-closed-doors Doom III demo which is currently setting tongues to wagging at E3. The piece goes into pretty excruciating detail about what transpires in the eleven-minute movie, and gives away some spoilers as well.

There's tremendous detail in the environments, even though all the environments we saw consisted of industrial-looking corridors and offices and high-tech equipment and research stations. Clearly the facility had been stricken by a cataclysm. Emergency lighting is all that prevented utter darkness, and swinging light fixtures cast incredibly realistic-looking real-time shadows all about. The environments looked very creepy and very real, despite the science-fiction theme.

After a wretched three-hour wait I got to feast my eyes upon Doom 3 today as well, and I'll be writing up something about it as soon as I can collect my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post

Demo? Hmmmm...I just got done downloading Doom 3 Legacy movie, what's this demo video like?

Share this post


Link to post

LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).

Share this post


Link to post
Weedster said:

LINK IT THEN!!!! And I'm not talking about the last link you put up, which was the in fact the 7 minute one (already got that one).

Don't you think I would if it was available?

Share this post


Link to post

The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom

Share this post


Link to post
bigbadgangsta said:

The second o in my sig is the link to the 11 minute video, according to people in #zdoom

No, that's the 7 min one

Share this post


Link to post
Linguica said:

Don't you think I would if it was available?

I was talking to BBG...but now I know the sad truth....WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!

*sniff*...Life goes on....

Share this post


Link to post

You can see the video, you just need to drag your ass to E3, that's all....

Share this post


Link to post

It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Arno said:

It's not a video, it's a demo. As in, something that is rendered in real time. id software has a high tech PC at their booth that shows some gameplay elements of Doom III, using the camera system and all. At least, that's how I understand it. Correct me if I'm wrong.

We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

Share this post


Link to post
Fredrik said:

We're speaking of the video of the demo :P

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Share this post


Link to post
Arno said:

I doubt it exists. It will probably give too much info about the game away.

Perhaps. Perhaps not. I still want to see it.

Share this post


Link to post
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0