Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

idders Interview Part 2

Gamespy has posted another interview with id Software members about Doom 3, this time talking to Fred Nilsson and Christian Antkow. Here's a bit:

Lately I'll just take a level and look at it and try and find an interesting way for a monster to attack you, or what could break -- I really want to make the characters feel like they're part of that world. We also have the lights and shadows, which helps, since you can actually interact with it. It'll add a lot. We have a lot of things that we haven't even shown here, which will immerse you even further, so you will feel like you are there. It'll be the most immersive experience.

MACVILE_WHORE said:

I SENT THIS IN!!!!!!!!!

Dammit Ling give credit to people who send you news :D

Who says I got it from you?

Hmm, I wonder what will happen when Planet Doom opens. Do you guys think it will get more business? I guess all the new kids will out populate us.

Planetdoom will bury Doomworld in terms of popularity, not to mention it will have PAID people working on it FULL TIME, but I digress.

Aargh, now I REALLY want DOOM III. Damn the friggin' interviews, stop tormenting me! I want it badly enough as it is. :)

Hey, I don't care if Planet DOOM buries us, I'm still gonna keep playing DOOM/DOOM II, even when I get DOOM III.

Linguica said:

Planetdoom will bury Doomworld in terms of popularity, not to mention it will have PAID people working on it FULL TIME, but I digress.

Would this be a sad news to you, Ling?

I could be thinking of the Movie demo but I'm not sure... It would be cool to have a working demo to play by the end of the year thoe.

Well, if the PQ network's current Doom 3 site (http://3dactionplanet.com/doom/) is anything to go by, I doubt Planetdoom will cover Doom 1 & 2 and source port news, so DW will most likely still have the same audience it always did (i.e. us)

Indeed. In addition, I expect to be blown away by DoomIII, and to thoroughly enjoy it. I will DL a few minor mods, models, skins and levels but ultimately continue with Doom 1 & 2 because I know it, love it and can edit it's resources and maps in my sleep. That's happened with every other game I have played since Doom, and it will happen again.

I neither want nor need a new learning curve as far as editing and so on go, however. I get my kicks out of editing Doom with ease, and want no more from that side of things. That (for me) is where the longevity lies. I hope DW sticks around and is able to continue to service that in the very hi quality way it currently does.

More power to your elbow Ling et al.

That's true... I guess from the looks of things that ID Software has built the Editor in the actual game. This will make it more of an ease then even editing original Doom, especially since technology is easier to handle and operate nowadays. I have thoroughly enjoyed every game from ID besides Quake III which did not cause much attention, however, Doom III is having just as much if not more attention then Quake II did and that was their last best game they have made.