Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

ZDoomGL 0.4b Source Released

The DoomGL home page has been updated with the release of the ZDoomGL 0.4b source code. Here's what Kokak has to say about it:

If you want to help me, Iask you to send me only the files you modified and also, I askyou to put some marks in the code (like "// "),it will help me to quickly find what you did. Also, I would appreciate if someone coulddebug all the 2D stuff (crash on ending screens, player setup,etc.). Fixing this part of the code doesn't interest me very much...

Considering the results of the current poll, where 30% of you can't even run ZDoomGL due to crashing, I would imagine that some hardcore debugging is in order.

Guest Anonymous User

Kokak, this is a step in the right direction, thank you. - Evenball[RSG]

Guest Anonymous User

well with jakko shoving off soon and this source released maybe someone will take jdooms lighting code and implement it into zdoom, it does look much better imho, fixes the brightness and such, +goodies like those lovely flares... drool...

Guest Anonymous User

jaakko... see i really can spell it right! sorry.

Guest Maj

Re: 'If you want to help me, I ask you to send me only the files you modified and also, I ask you to put some marks in the code (like "// "), ' You can use diff to show the differences between two source files. I got a copy from WinCVS (http://www.wincvs.org), and a quick google search found a shareware version here: http://www.componentsoftware.com/csdiff/ You can see a form of diff in action by following this link: http://cvs.sourceforge.net/cgi-bin/cvsweb.cgi/Tikka/ShaderFile.h.diff?cvsroot=curry&r1=1.4&r2=1.5&f=c The manual can be found here: http://www.gnu.org/manual/diffutils/index.html

Fly is ahead of his time to port csDoom onto the ZDoomGL platform. Wait until this gets a WHOLE lot more stable before attempting to do this Fly!

Guest ORKFACE

legacy's gl is alot more stable

Guest Sparky

a) of the several dozen DOS and Windows ports released to date, JDoom, JHeretic and JHexen are the ONLY ones which I can't get working with my Win95/Voodoo2 system :( b) all you people having problems with ZanZan crashing ZDoomGL... Do you have enough memory? I've got 64MB of RAM and I still need about another 64MB of virtual memory due to all the MD2 models! Sparky

I have plenty of memory and ZanZan (Doom2 for that matter) crashes ZDoomGL. For some odd reason, Ultimate Doom doesn't. Is 384 MB enough? :)

Guest Caleb

zanzan tc, jdoom, and jhexen will run on my voodoo 3 with 128megs of RAM, but they only run at 2-3 FPS for me. zdoomgl is the only port out there that runs as good as doom on my computer. can any of you guys help with the FPS issue? oh yeah i gotta P3 450mhz processor. this can only make me believe that somewhere in the aformentioned ports that theres a conflict in .dll's SINCE obviously theres no issue with speed in my system. hell if unreal and blood 2 can run at 1280x1024x32 with no problems whatsoever, why in the hell cant jdoom, zanzan tc, and jhexen?

Guest Anonymous User

I have a P200MMX with 48MB RAM and a 4MB Rendition Verite 2200 and ZdoomGL keeps crashing constantly. When I use my miniGL drivers it is quite reliable but they don't support Pallette Texturing so it looks crap.

Guest Confusion

If ZDoomGL doesn't get fixed soon, I shall do something very drastic, indeed I shall.

Guest Enola

Well ZDoomGl is the perfect thing if it can get the bugs ironed out, DoomGl lacks the cool options and features ZDoom brings....PLEASE someone fix it up soon. Im sick of playing it with me weapon floating in the centre of the screen rather than at the bottom.....

Guest Twitch

Caleb the problem is, is that 3dfx doesn't support all games that use OpenGl. You have to go get the mini-Drivers for your card. I recommend that you get the wicked3d drivers for your Voodoo3 cuz they work better then 3dfx's drivers. I forgot the website so just do a search on them. I have found out that legacy works better with 3dfx cards(considering Legacy works on my friends voodoo 3 and my voodoo 2 while Zdoom has some problems) If you just want the .dll email me at xtwitchx@juno.com and i'll send them off to you. The problem is a little more technical then what I have said, but then Video Rendering is never exciting.

Guest Daggah

It sounds like the others are using the Microsoft OpenGL drivers, which are basically software and crap. 2-3 fps would be a good indicator of that. Do you have the latest 3dfx drivers?