Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

DWBS

Guest Fanatic

Yeah, I agree. I was confused by the rules, and I made wrong level. After the thing is released, I would like to resubmit my level.

Guest cocoon

It is definately not Ling's fault that the release is now, more some of the judges (including me), playing all maps and judging them has been quite a task and sometimes school for example has to go before this contest. Such reasons has pushed this releasedate forward a bit, but I can assure everyone that Linguica has worked perfect on this and has not caused the slightest delay.

Thanks Ling

Ling probably isn't uploading it now because he thinks everybody should get it at the same time, and not miss the announcement somehow.

I can't wait until Sunday.

I knew doom tools suck, but that it takes several weeks to put together a wad with no new textures or anything, after the votes are in... dang ling you look like the american "government".

I hope the wad lives up to its hype, coz sure as hell that's the aspect of the wad you put most effort into.

Timeline:

8/22/00: Contest starts
9/1/00: I send out the first batch of WADs to be judged
9/14/00: I send out the second batch of WADs to be judged
9/19/00: I send out the third batch of WADs to be judged
9/22/00: Contest ends
9/23/00: I send out the fourth and fifth batches of WADs to be judged
10/31/00: The judges finally complete their judging
11/1/00: I decide the top 32 WADs
11/2/00: I tell the top 32 people that they are in the megawad and wait for all of them to respond with level names and descriptions
11/9/00: The last person sends in their level name and description
11/13/00: I finish the text file for the WAD
11/16/00: I announce the release date

Yeah, I sure was slacking there.

lets have the party at eris free.. the music is better.. the bouncers mure human

Guest Fanatic

I guess we all know who didn't make it then (e.g. the ones that didn't get emailed).

Ack.

Still can't wait to see what made it in tho, gonna be schweet.

Bah.

I still work then.
I wanna go to the release party. I'll be there about 12 hours late.

Well King Dingaling. What was wrong with Saturday?

Ok. since I'm gonna miss this release party that I wanna tend to very much. I'd like to have a log file saved for dowload.

What do you say about that. Good idea? I think so.

Is it ok for me to upload my level to cdrom.com then? I didn't get emailed so...
I don't even know if you got it or not. What do you have planned for the remaining levels?

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Unless the IRC server suddenly doesn't require an IDENT, I won't be able to join it. (cursing: damn firewall)

I'm going to try to be there... (Under normal circumstances it wouldn't be a problem but I'm going home then!)

I agree the wait was long, but I also agree that it was necessary. Thanks for a great contest! You're doing a great job running this place, and I do appreciate it.

Guest noway687

How about a megamega wad of those which didn't place... that way we can all judge for ourselves...kinda.I'm sure there's some good stuff which did not place in top 32. (I didn't enter, I just play)

If I get 90 to 100 WADs in /newstuff next week, well let me just say now that no 10 sectors WAD will make an appearance in The /newstuff Chronicles.

Guest _Dimiter_

hmmm, well, I'll be releasing to cdrom.com then...

Guest Battle_Zealot

Well, i don´t understand....Where the F*ck can i D/L the megawad??

Battle_Zealot, If you bothered to read the news item, the Megawad will be released in a few days

I'll post a log of the chat on my page the following afternoon, GMT. Like everyone else there.

why does a chaingunner appear on <i>three</i> of consecutives screenshots ?? DID LINGUICA MAKE A PACT WITH CHAINGUNNERS ????

Guest Cephaler

because they are useful, design-wise. a well placed group of chaingunners can tear the living shit out of a careless player, but at the same time a chaingunner or two can really help a player as well..gotta keep in mind the fact that chaingunners shoot a lot of bullets, and it only takes one to piss a monster off

Guest Cephaler

so whats ur idea of a good level? a big square room w/ a crushing ceiling and 100 cyberdemons? at least the crushing ceiling is original, right??!?!?!?
-ceph

Guest prets

it's today, right? RIGHT? RIGHT??
hell yeah!!!!