Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

Glow Damn You

Guest The Gemini

Uh, that was supposed to be:
"When most of the doom community listen to metal then why use "hiphop words?""
there..

Gemini: Thank you for a great display of your immaturity... now, more than a year ago Afterglow was taken on irc one day so as a backup I just stuck in `g, short for AG. That's why Jon called me 'g.

Guest Russell P

Children, stop squabbling. Does it really matter? I agree with Enjay's comments.

Personally, i listen to metal, hip-hop, punk, classical, etc. So what words can i use? Plz send me a dictionary of 'authorised' words for this musical category.

Guest Russell P

Is it okay if I use the words 'mosh' and 'wack' in the same sentence? Oh look, i just did!

<Olga> he woke up around 8:40 and can see through both eyes

<Olga> theyre going to hold him for a few more tests and he might be released tuesday

Thank God, or whoever you prayed to.

Ebola - Thanx for making this words thing seem as trivial as it truly is.

Guest Medieval_Gnome

Can I get a collective 'Hell, yeah!'?

Guest The Gemini

I made my point, you can't understand then fuck it... how can i make my point to you fools i drop an a&r off the roof sayin pl rules... if you heard that song it also says "muthafuckaz are clowns hiphop is too nice", thrown at ya sperm covered faces.

On a personal note Gemini, your comments as to why I said what I did are just about as far of the mark as they could be:-

<<you only try to act tough>> I gave that up years ago. I am a 36 years old, well qualified and established in a profession that allows me to serve people in a way that I see fit. I have absolutely no need to give anyone the impression I'm tough. I'm not. I'm me. I'm happy.

<<you only try to come up with something with a point when you really can't argue>> My point was made using sarcasm, by extending your objection to Doomers using Hip-hop words to its ultimate ridiculous conclusion - that you can only use words from your own musical preference peer group. Sorry if you missed the point.

<<will probably start sayin "sick" too>> Yeah, I said that quite a lot this week. Both my son and daughter had sickness and diarrhoea for 2 days. That might be sarcasm again. :-)

<<u don't really use in real-life>> Correction, I do use hip hop words all the time in my everyday speech to my friends. Guess what, I also use other cultural references in my everyday speech too. This doesn’t mean I think I’m Homer Simpson, Mr Hanky, In Star Wars or whatever. I think it might be something to do with having wide horizons and not feeling the need to wear a badge of any one kind, hip-hop or otherwise. My music tastes specifically are very diverse and I am prepared to give anything a listen, and accept that what I like may influence me and I let it do so. I will quite happily try and break my neck in the mosh pit, but wont leave the floor if acts as diverse as Pharoahe Monch or Fatboy Slim come on (and that combination is possible in the club I usually go to, but I may draw the line at N’Sync). Incidentally, when my friends and I are using hip-hop words it is usually in a very ironic way, and we usually piss ourselves laughing at how ridiculous the words sound when we say them. The fact is we live in the North East of Scotland. No one here puts a cap in anyone’s ass, has their program fucked up, has a ho (although a whore is possible), drinks a 40 or lives anywhere near the hood. This is not done to disrespect anyone (used the full word so as not to offend you). It is just done for fun. What Hip-hop artists speak about is totally irrelevant to my life, but it doesn’t stop me liking the music or enjoying the lyrical content. If anything, when we are using such words we are probably closer to the sentiments you expressed, because we are basically taking the piss out of people in our part of the world who use them and mean them, despite them being totally out of context. People like that may well be trying to give the impressions you suggest but thankfully, here, they just end up looking like arses, and everyone else knows it.

<<bet you reffered to him only so i could "see" that you're really down with hiphop, bitch>> No, that particular quote is one of my favourites because it is Ice-MF-T at his silliest sounding (at least here). No one here says that and means it, and even if they did, no one would ever say it with that kind of intonation. If I say that, in that way to one of my friends, we are taking the piss out of each other in the most royal of manners. <<Down with hip-hop>>, hmm, I would say Ice-T was stretching the definition of hip-hop , especially nowadays, but I will bow to your superior judgement, or were you just pointing out how wrong I was? <<so i could "see">> No, I am quite glad that I have no real need to prove anything to you or anyone else, despite typing this incoherent babble as an answer to you.

And I think that is pretty close to where I came in.

Werd to your mutha

Foo', dis be gittin' ridiculous now. Slap mah 'fro! Everybody in da house plum shut down. NOW!

Guest DooMWiz

Gemini, I visited your site to see what amount of drivel you can spew forth, and I was not surprised to see a page plagued with English errors of every imaginable sort. I have yet to locate a properly constructed sentence in your replies or on your website. It's no wonder that you feel absolutely compelled to defend the hip-hop "dialect", as you attempt to enshroud your lack of intellect with hip-hop words. Also, for the record, I "rock to some techno shit", and I'm a "fuckin nerd[s]", though I have very diverse musical tastes.

Guest WadEd

Yo g'. Dont b' talkin dat smack round' hea' biatch. Else I be puttin' tha smack down on yo bitch ass. Punk... You're a fucking idiot Gemini. How about you try speaking english. ...Rock to techno shit? I rock to Anal Cunt, Dead Kennedys and The Misfits.. what do you mean by nerd? ha.

From the Concise English Dictionary:

whack vt. strike with sharp resounding blow -n. such blow; inf. share; inf. attempt

-whacked a. exhausted

Note the 'h'.

Also, contract killers used the term to describe killings long before the hip-hop music genre even existed.

Besides, gangsta rap uses the word one hell of a lot more than hiphop.

I note you didn't respond to the thing I said about most people in the Doom community being metallers.

Finally, in my opinion, people who listen to hip-hop are just as sad (maybe moreso) as techno geeks. "oh look at me, I listen to 'hard' music, I'm really really tough'

Of course we meant glow by saying 'g, thats what we've been calling him for ages now foolio. And we can say whatever we want, and talk however we want.

Gemini if you didn't act like such a prick, you wouldn't have been banned from #doomroom/#doom and would know that afterglow gets called 'g'

Guest Confusion

What a truly extraordinary discussion. I don't believe I have ever seen a conversation change focus quite as completely as this one has. Gemini, thou art a record-setter, as well as a complete and utter fucking fool. En properos, del sei marinotos!

Guest The Gemini

If you think gangsta rap isn't a part of hip-hop, is west coast, east and south something else too? And by the sound, metal is more hard-core then hip-hop, so i never said/meant that hip-hop is the most hard-core music as you did, nightmare. You all miss the fuckin point, all of you using "hiphop" words don't really know shit about it, and sure as hell don't own a fuckin record, everything you is mp3 files downloaded from napster. Now shut the fuck up, everything you say is just to defend yourselves and fool yourselves thinkin you're not nerds and wannabes.

Enjay: When you said you and your friends use hip-hop words for fun and KNOW it sounds stupid, then what's the difference between you and these other cats? Except that you're using them for fun, and these are not. Both sound ridiculous.

Doomwiz: What's my not-so-good-english got to do with this? Just tryin to come up with something even though its maaad weak?

Guest tom_

wu tang clan aint nuthin ta fuck wit

Guest The Gemini

Oh yeah... the biggest nerd of them all, tom_. with glasses, that street hair look and everything...

<<what's the difference between you and these other cats>> We know it sounds stupid and are having fun taking the piss out of each other amongst friends. You've never done that? The other guys just sound stupid and don't know it. Hey, that's their choice.

Perfect example "thrown at ya sperm covered faces" if someone said that, and meant it, in my local pub they would be laughed out of the building, no matter how tough they thought they were. A bunch of guys messing around saying that would trade insults and get back to their drinks. No harm done. In fact thanks - next weekend there will be an asshole in a Scottish pub quoting you - me. His mates will be laughing with him, not at him and that is the difference.

BTW, I thought "cats" went out with the 60s. Keith Richard from the Rolling Stones is the only person in the world who still calls people cats, and he's stoned most of the time - at least he looks it. You hip-hop guys who pinch 60's words "which i doubt u know the meaning of" really piss me off. My dad grew up in the 50's and 60's and he is the only person I actually know who should use such words, anyone else is just trying to sound like they know what flared trousers are and want to impress people by making them think they have a flower in their gun. Half you will probably start sayin "groovy" too. :-P

I'll be glad when this nonsense falls off the bottom of the doomworld page.

Guest The Gemini

Cat's was never played out, i don't really got the urge to prove anything to you anyway. "Thrown at ya sperm covered faces" was supposed to be funny, but i was serious too. That's the difference you don't understand...

I understand perfectly thanks - I liked the humour (really - that's why I'll be using it) but I knew there was meaning there too.

<<i don't really got the urge to prove anything to you anyway>> I didn't suspect you did. I was just echoing your sentiments in a silly way and you responded in a similar way to how people, including myself, have reacted to your earlier comments. Interesting.

BTW as a matter of interest, has the number of hits on your site increased in the last couple of days? I know I have been there and DooMWiz obviously has. I even downloaded Gem01.zip and played it through. Nice levels too, intelligent use of the darkening textures and a whole load of traps that took me by surprise. Monster choice isn't what I like too much. I like lots of small to medium guys not hordes of medium to big ones. That is just personal opinion 'though. Maybe it's because I'm so weakass. :-)

Guest The Gemini

Thanx for the feedback.

No problem.

and BTW <<Cat's was never played out>> = best come back of this little debate. :-)