Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

POTD

I'm working on a map that slows me down in HW mode at a few locations. Nothing terrible though. The area with it just simply got to damn big.

Guest Transon

Yeah, it's supposed to be slowed down in more than 640x480 in software mode :[ This is a problem of all cool effects used in doom: they slow down FPS. Specially if you turn on "blur mode" (in EDGE), it gets really unplayable. In GL, the game uses directly all your 16-32-64 video memory, so it will go faster than the 1-2 megabytes that software mode has ;)

Do slopes decrease FPS? I haven't seen them yet. By the way, is there a full ZDooM release (no beta)?

And about Evilution, I got it recently but havent played it yet, except for map01, whats the map # your talking about?

I'm talking about maps 20, 21 and 27. All very long, and map20 looks well built even now IMO.

Guest BlackTerror

I do wonder why Zdoom doesn't have any more than one fake ceiling & floor/sector, or true 3d.

Guest Jamman

I loved map 19 tho... with the cool truck and the blood stain with romero on it. But all together I didn't really like that wad.

as for the screenshot. It's very cool, it proves doom is moving out of the dark ages of computer software and into the new world.

It is up to us weather we want to embrace this new creation or disown it because we do not like these changes. But we cannot hide from the growing power of the Doom ports. soon we will see them as we have never seen doom before.

I check the 3 maps in question, quickly with idclip. ;)

I dont want to sound mean or anything, but I did not like them very much... and they dont have an E1 theme at all, which at least 75% of my levels have. I have yet to play through them though, so I cant comment about the gameplay.