Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Linguica

POTD

Guest Zack

Zimon is right. The show is called Glueckspirale (translated to "luck spiral").

And the guy who sent that pic in says that the man with the Doom shirt didn't win. Sorry Ling.

Oh and you all suck.

Guest Ike654

Try at www.apogee1.com, they made the thing.

I like Rott's multiplayer better. 11 players anyone? Not bad for comming out around the time of Doom. And there's a ton of different modes...

And what the heck is in that sphere to the right of the dudes? Is there some sort of fake-brain in there?

Guest j00 equals ded

1. Music: the music is real boring, not much to it
2. Blood/gore: i play sof for real gore
3. Weapons (flame wall, firebomb, hand of god, dog mode...): i cant argue much here, except it dont have the bfg, msot of them seem the same
4. Enemies (Lightning guard..."No! Don't shoot!"): most of the enemies do the exact same thing
5. Level editors (easy): cant do much with the level editor
6. Environment: the environments are almsot all the same
7. Just plain feel of it.: that would be the environment

Guest Ike654

If they had a RottWorld, I'd be there. But, since I still like Doom nearly as much, I'm here (well, Doomcenter).

Guest (Unknown)

who the hell are you? call me when you turn 8, you anonymous puke.

Guest (Unknown)

ROTT was good; had jumping and duel-pistols and lots of other stuff that Doom didn't... only problem was all the bad guys looked the same.

Guest Chik6000

hey i remember playing the demo before now... too bad ill never play the entire game.

The point is if ROTT was that good why isn't there a ROTTWORLD or a ROTTCENTER.Hey maybe there is,has anybody looked?

Guest Archangel99

W@velength, don't be an ass. I like wolf 3D as much if not more than the average doomer and I'm not prejudiced against Germans Infact some of them can be really cool guys. One of my best friends is German and your disrespecting Germans then your disrespecting me too. I reiterate, Don't be an ass

Guest Ike654

Hmm...can't find a RottWorld or RottCenter...I know of a site at www.classicgaming.com/rott. It has the history of it (it's pretty damn interesting, too! Did you know that Rott is an enhanced Wolf3d engine?)

And as far as I'm concerned, the enemies do look different. Remember to take into account that they are humans. It'd be like Doom having Imps of different types (i.e., Doom 64).

And as for the music (in regards to j00 equals ded's RE to my earlier post), try listening to it on a REAL synth. And I'm not talking about a SB-16, AWE64 (using the basic sounds), or something of that nature. In fact, if anyone wants, I'll send an excerpt from the song "Havana Smooth" (It'll be in Kill, btw) in mp3 format to anyone who wants one.

Wavelength:

The Germans did not start both world wars. First, WWI began when Austria invaded Serbia. Second, there's a fine line between being one of the guys who orchestrated the attacks on Poland and being the ancestor of a guy who lived in fear under them. If you can't tell the difference, then you sir are a bigot.

Guest j00 equals ded

ok then, can you please put the real synth version on the net?

1 - Music: ROTT's music is nice (sometimes it's been used in add-on Doom maps), but the music in Doom and Doom 2 is better.
2 - Blood and Gore: Far exceeds that of Doom (Ludicrous Gibs!).
3 - Weapons: Drunk Missiles are fun in deathmatch, Flame Wall even more so. Then there's the weapons not mentioned, like the Dark Staff, which can gib a player in one shot, and the Excalibat to beat people around. Unfortunately, it takes a while of holding down the fire button to power up to launch about 15 or so baseball-like shots in about a 60 degree arc. Hitting someone up close with this will...well, you know.
4 - Enemies: Even the boss monsters of ROTT are no match for the enemies of Doom. Not a single flying enemy (like the Cacodemon) to be found, and just about all the minor enemies are too easy to kill with missile weapons. Stil fun though...
5 - Level editors: May be easy, but just try to make a pentagon room or stairways without using those silly platforms. Also, I have yet to find a way to use ROTT's sounds or sprites.
6 - Environment: If I remember right, ROTT had a uniform light level for all of a map, not like Doom, where lighting makes up about a third of the game (the other two thirds are level architecture and gameplay). What ROTT does have that Doom doesn't have as much of are traps like those rotating blades, turrets, moving lava walls, and gas that fills the room.
7 - The feel of it: It's always nice at the end of the day after a long trek through traffic jams galore, you sit down to play ROTT. And when you get that bazooka or drunk missile, you pretend that the enemy in your sights is that driver that was in front of you who was driving slow enough to cause you to catch that long red light, and blow him away, watching his blood and guts fly off so high that it takes several minutes for it all to land or run down the walls. As for Doom...

After wiping out that last horde of enemies, you become a bit concerned that you may run out of ammo soon. You don't pay much attention to it though. As you walk down a dimly lit hallway, a door opens up beside you , and a couple of Demons and some Imps charge out towards you. You easily kill them with your shotgun, but you're getting real low on shells. As you move along, passing a locked door, you find a box of shotgun shells on the floor. Relieved, you continue on, only to run right into an Arachnotron. Startled, you switch to the super shotgun as you back away, firing a bit wildly in the dark. Somehow you managed to kill him, but you took a lot of damage from that battle. You contine on, searching for some medikits, killing Imps and an occasional Cacodemon as you go. Now you're in real trouble, since you're low on health and ammo. Fortunately, you see a couple of medikits nearby, along with some shells and the blue key. You hear a door open in the far off distance, but you don't pay much attention to it. You make your way back down the hall towards that locked door you passed earlier. You hear the sounds of more enemies, and prepare yourself for yet another battle, not really noticing that there are somehow fewer dead bodies on the floor. From around a corner, one Imp, then two more, then a Cacodemon, then a familiar looking Arachnotron. You could have sworn that you killed that thing before, but you're too busy dodging it's plasma shots to really care much. Another Cacodemon or two floats in to join the action. You're just about out of shells now, and the enemies just keep coming, seemingly from out of nowhere. Then the yellow flames appear...

Guest Chik6000

when you blow up a bad guy in rott, one of the gibs is a hand with its middle finger sticking up.. theres a screenshot of it somewhere around...

<a
href="[url="http://www.classicgaming.com/rott/hell/">"]http://www.classicgaming.com/rott/hell/">[/url]

Is the history of ROTT. A nice read.

Guest (Unknown)

1. Yes, the Germans did start both wars, I don't know WHAT the fuck kind of history you learned by that stuff never happened.
2. I never said I hated Germans. In fact I took german in high-school(even though it sucked, too damn gutteral), and am part german.
3. I'd rather be a bigot than a slimey fucker like your best friend. I'll tell you who is a bigot; the people of countries that despise the U.S. for personal or no reason whatsoever, jealousy or what have you.
4. "killing jews? we were following orders!" my ass.

Yeah. ROTT had alot of features.. still doesn't change the fact that it was boring like hell to play it.. and that line about it being the best DM game ever.. Just made me laugh.. I gave ROTT many chances.. every time the poor gameplay bored the shit out of me.. not to mention the unintresting environment..

BTW Doom have Rocket jump... or maybe should call it rocket push. :p

"Yes, the Germans did start both wars, I don't know WHAT the fuck kind of history you learned"

Jeez, wavelength. Ignorance is one thing, but now you're telling me that I'm ignorant.

A Serbian terrorist killed Archduke Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary.

Austria then declared war on Serbia.

Serbia asked Russia for help.

Russia promised to help if Serbia was invaded by Austria. Russia sends troops to the borders of Austria-Hungary and Germany (AH's ally)

Germany declares war on Russia, then France.

Germany invades France through Belgium, and Britain declares war on Germany.

The first declaration of war is between Austria-Hungary and Serbia, therefore Austria-Hungary started WWI.

Look it up.

("killing jews? we were following orders!" my ass.)

Read my post. I'm not talking about the nazi troops. I'm talking about the germans who lived in fear.

Now, would you please shut your irate nonsensical hate-filled stubborn self-righteous face?