Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

POTD

Guest Pirx

-search for a little program called dm2conv by vincenzo alcamo, it converts doom1 maps to doom2, adds d2 enemies and especially the super shotgun, the best duel weapon ever :)
-i use dap5.0 too, just disable browser integration for downloads when the server doesn't let you login (worked for the bloodmod)
-gaylength reminds me of stalker, xsreality's forum troll. that guy also liked grammar. oh well, i hope xsr comes back.
-cool translation hyena.
-i'm german, i don't care about that old crap, i played wolf3d and i will play rtcw. any bureaucrat who doesn't like those games can kiss my ass.
-i like that picture.

Peter Heinemann:
"Hi Hyena, and I share your opinion about some Germans, but:
The first World War 1914-1918 was started by Austria-Hungary."

I know. I was arguing with w@velength over this for weeks. The post I made was a comedic translation of what he said. I wasn't agreeing with him at all.
By the way, don't argue with w@velength. He's convinced WWI was started by Germany and no matter what evidence you give him, he'll just call you a retard.

inferno_45:
"Damn, man. Do you keep eveyones post's on your hard drive or somthing? just wondering."

No. I originally translated this in the same thread where w@velength posted it.
I found my translation again because it was still in my browser history.

j00 equals ded:
"Too bad Hyena's post was of comedic value, planned to have a hunorous outcome.

It was no translation, it was an insult."

Are you saying that I'm just plain insulting, or are you just stating that it was supposed to be humourous?
Just wanted to clear that up. I was a bit confused by your post.

Guest DooMetallicA

i already have dm2conv. however, i never actually tried to use it. i figured it was just for the maps...

Guest DooMetallicA

i remember seeing this program that integrated dehacked patchs into wads, but i forgot where it was. can anyone give me a link if you know what im talking about?

Some engines like zdoom allow you to add a deh patch as part of a wad. Any wad tool will work if you insert it as a lump named DEHACKED.

But it won't work if you try running the wad in doom2.exe and some of the ports. I'm not sure which ones support the deh lump

If dm2conv is the same as the one I used to use, it was very flexible because it used response files that you could tailor.

This meant you could write your own response file, and in one wiggle of the DOS prompt change all the textures in a level to your custom replacements, or all the things to other things of your choice, or whatever you wanted really.

You could use it to convert between any of doom, doom2 and heretic. I guess you might be able to write a custom response for strife conversion too, but I am pretty sure hexen type maps got messed up by it. Been years since I used it... Memory fading...

For inserting DEHACKED lumps into wads, I use the DeePsea import feature, but XWE and Wintex will also allow you to do it.

If dm2conv is the same as the one I used to use, it was very flexible because it used response files that you could tailor.

This meant you could write your own response file, and in one wiggle of the DOS prompt change all the textures in a level to your custom replacements, or all the things to other things of your choice, or whatever you wanted really.

You could use it to convert between any of doom, doom2 and heretic. I guess you might be able to write a custom response for strife conversion too, but I am pretty sure hexen type maps got messed up by it. Been years since I used it... Memory fading...

For inserting DEHACKED lumps into wads, I use the DeePsea import feature, but XWE and Wintex will also allow you to do it.

How did that happen?

I only pressed add once, an error page appeared and then refreshed itself and left me double posted.

Right, here goes...

single click

"CLICK"

Guest Gibbin

thanx man. came from a book with some writings from plato...it had a recording of the testimony socrates gave before he was ordered to death - quite interesting actually, hehe...

Guest demoness

All of you sorry fuckers argue over the same pointless shit.

Yeah, dm2conv is a great program. Too bad it didn't come with a response file for just changing things without converting to a different DOOM game. Took me a while to figure out I could make it convert a level from doom1 to doom1 to change textures, etc. I tell ya, those old DOS programs are the best!

He's only here to make trouble. He's only saying all this just to piss you off. For a long time that worked on me, but once you realize that, it starts to irritate you less.

I know it's all an act because I have never experienced anyone with remotely a similar disregard for opinion and thick-headed "I'm better than everyone so kiss my well-crammed anus" attitude my entire life.
I guess you could say it's too bad to be true.

Note how he's never said a single thing constructive in the entire time he's been here, yet he hasn't moved on to something that captures his interest better.

If you look at his website, he really is trying to get attention.
A machine gun graphic made entirely with MS paint with less than six colours?
A black and white head on a colour mancubus? Ripped half-life sprites?

He describes himself as the average fun-loving player. But just about everyone he's played against in CS is cheating, using an aim-bot, or only winning because they have low ping? It couldn't be that he sucks, right?
He even mentions that he complains to Admins that guys have been cheating, and if they don't immediately ban the said cheater they're one of the 90% of Admins who are assholes?

He's not very subtle, but he's very good at this.

Guest j00 equals ded

I was just implying, Hyene, that you intended it to be more than just a translation. A translation to what is beyond me.

Guest demoness

It was a Translation/isult

Guest DooMetallicA

Dos ports of Doom are my fav over windows. I do like the frontend on the windows ports, but i just would rather use ZDoom, and ZDoomer--the frontend for it.

Guest DooMetallicA

alright, im gettin a little pissed. I've been trying to download the Doom alphas, betas, and pre-releases for quite some time now, but the links on doomworld to cdrom.com in the shareware section are dead. can anyone tell me where else I can download them? thanx in advance.

Guest DooMetallicA

'Tis not POTD, but, something more like POTM(Post Of The Month)

This is really pissing me off:

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 92 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 92 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 92 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 92 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 94 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 94 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 94 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 94 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 128 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 128 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 128 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 128 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 136 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 136 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 136 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 136 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 150 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 150 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 150 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 150 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 152 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 152 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 152 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 152 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 158 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 158 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 158 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 158 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 160 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 160 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 160 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 160 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 162 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 162 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 162 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 162 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 164 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 164 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 164 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 164 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 172 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 9

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 172 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 10

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 172 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 11

Warning: Unable to jump to row 0 on MySQL result index 172 in /var/www/doomworld.com/public_html/lgadmin/includes/printfollowupitem.php3 on line 12