Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Julian

Misfortune

Hi, Lightning Hunter.

I managed somehow to download your zip file. I'd say the shots are a little bit under-detailed but that doesn't mean they're bad. It takes quite a long time to learn mapping and I'm still learning myself.

You *are* doing good work, and I hope you continue. Keep it up. Large projects these days tend to die out before they're finished, which is why some of these people are cynical.

My advice is to do as much as possible. If somehow it reaches the point where you can't finish it, release what you have. Take a break, then try something different later.

It's a long process to learn detail and so forth. I'll help you out by kicking your butt every time you think of quitting :)

Actually, I HAVE learned detail recently :) Most of those screenshots were taken from my early levels in the pack. Levels 6-11 are very detailed compared to levels 1-5. But I did go through and add as much detail as I possibly could in levels 1-5. Trust me, I am spending a lot of time on just making detail, choosing the right textures, and aligning them. Thanks for your post anyway :) I have learned a lot over the past year about how to map. (I started this project about a year ago) But just recently I got serious about finishing it up and releasing it on the internet.

I will finish this project, but your right about taking breaks :) I already took a 4 month break during the first year of working on this project and played the old Quake. Actually, I wasnt going to announce this project and was just going to realease it when I was done. Recently I decided to announce it, because When people are counting on me to finish a project up, I tend to get more into it :)

Actually, would you like to be a play tester for my project Hyena? I am anxious to know how my levels are in other peoples opinions right now. I know that my brothers like the levels so far, and my friends do. Actualy, my friend played my levels and said that they seemed just as good as the doom levels. That was back when my levels were undetailed. Now I have added in lots of detail. Im not sure if you are a proffesional level creator who could point out every bug in my levels, but I could use another opinion anyways :)

hmm This project seem intresting.

Diabloic. Go away.. If you got nothing better to do than complain about whatever. Then you can run back to Planetunreal.. and stay there.

Personal opinion btw.. the Doom monster Md2 pack is evil. (evil = bad = not good)

Cocoon: put up doomster on DW. Please.

Lighting Hunter: Good luck with your project.

I would love to. My e-mail is trwhite@fgbc.org. E-mail me and we can discuss the details.

Thank you for every ones support! I have gotton a few e-mails about people who might join the project already. I didnt think that this project would get as much support as it has... I will start working harder on the project now and hopefully it will have a web site soon. Keep checking doomworld for announcements. I will send them the news when I have a web page up for it.

Guest cocoon

Unfortunately, the Doomster files are gone for good. I haven't got any files on my HD and the doomshack-serverboys never let me download them all before they pulled everything down.

What exactly are you trying to prove?

You know nothing about the project, but you're willing to criticize it and rather harshly. I can understand your having doubts, but how can you seriously deem it a waste of your time and everyone else's?

If you have actual serious criticism to offer, fine. But it should have some sort of a basis beyond that the person in question wants help.

What exactly are you trying to prove???

You know nothing about our project, but you were willing to criticize it rather harshly. You had no proof or rational criticism to provide either, you ran your fucken mouth like a old black mother when she didn't get enough popcorn at a movie theatre and made a big deal about nothing.

Now quit wasting my time, punk!

Well, we have some old levels that we are going to post hopefully some day at the planet unreal website but I just havn't had enough time to uplaod any. Maybe I'll just throw some on the "Newstuff".

Also, you can check out the Oblivion HQ Quake III map pack at planetquake.com, there were 9 levels we have made for "Unreal Tournament" at planetunreal.com/nalicity but they closed down and the once big ass website that held thousands of maps holds none so I don't know what we are going to do about that yet... we'll figure soemthing out.

Anyhow and of course... Requiem TC was the best I have ever helped with for Doom and probably the only really huge Megawad I've assisted in. Also, Oblivion Doom III is the one we will be working on at the release of Doom III.

Best regards

How come they didn't credit you? According to the text file, the only people who did graphics were Adelusion, Dario Casali, Iikka Keranen, Thomas Moeller and Matthias Worch...

The only real way to hack it is through DOS if it still fucken works.

l33t h4x0r5 use D0S!!!1

Because most likely, he wasn't one of those guys. Well, maybe his idea of helping out is telling them how bad they're textures suck.

TheRequiem: Sorry dude, but when my chronic doesn't arrive on time, I get grumpy.

The obvious point is, if somebody calls Requiem 'Requiem TC' there's at least a slight lack of understanding somewhere.You got me?

Diabolic: It's a nickname almost as llame as yours.. Get over it.

What about my post don't make sense? You don't make sense.. start criticizing for no reason. So be a good boy, and go away and stay away.