Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Arioch

Resident Doom

Guest (Unknown)

Well, I was talking about the Japanese FF3.

While FF3/6 is one of my favourite games of all time, I'm usually not too thrilled with Square RPGs. I love the Secret of Mana series (including the game boy one... easily the best gb game ever).

While most people worship at the temple of Squaresoft, I pay homage to the shrine of Game Arts. They did Lunar, Grandia (2), and the best shooter ever... Radiant Silvergun. I'd like to see Square do a decent non-rpg game someday. They've tried, but most of their action games really suck.

Okay, I'd like to point out one more time that I'm talking about the Japanese Final Fantasy 3. Japanese as in "of Japan." Not FF6US. This game was never even released in the US. And it was for the NES. Okay? :)(There is, I hear, an English language patch for a ROM download for those who are not so inclined to the Japanese language.)

Yes, Square is getting shittier and shittier. FF7 was fun, but it marked the downfall of the series, just like the Playstation, while being a nice console at first, seemed to warn us of the death of the industry as we know it. (Or at least that's my opinion. Seeing those football jock assholes at school mentioning FF7 told me that something was fishy...) Anyway, perhaps the recent financial failure suffered by Square will force them to go back to their roots and make a really good game. Oh, how happy I would be if they stood up against the trends, and released (gasp!) a 2D game as a gift/apology to their long-time fans.

I know you meant FF3 Japanese, but since I've obviously never played it, I can't really say whether I like it or not. I heard it blew chunks, but it's all a matter of opinion. I still thought FF9 was a great game, so Square still does have some hope left in them

I wish Richard Garriot was still in Origin and they were still making Ultima single player games.

That series kicks FF's arse.