Demon
User Control Panel | Member List | FAQ | Privacy Policy | Blogs | Search Forums | Forums Home
Doomworld Forums : Powered by vBulletin version 2.2.5 Doomworld Forums > Misc. > Doomworld News > Chocolate Doom 2.3.0 released

Author
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:27. Post New Thread    Post A Reply
chungy

Only 18 months after the release of 2.2.0, the next major version of Chocolate Doom is here. You may get it at the usual download location and read the release notes for all the details. Some of the biggest highlights of this version include the pitch-shifting sound code la Doom 1.2; automatic detection of the GOG.com install of Strife: Veteran Edition; the floppy disk icon's return indicating disk activity; aspect-corrected 16001200 screenshots directly from the engine; full Doom 1.666, 1.7, and 1.8 emulation; and extended demo support in Heretic and Hexen, providing longtics and multi-level/multi-life recording and playback.

Old Post Dec 30 2016 03:50 #
chungy is offline Youtube Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Doomkid
Deathmatcher occasionally

Awesome news!

Old Post Dec 30 2016 04:17 #
Doomkid is offline Twitter account Youtube || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Breeder

Updates are always great news, though I'm sad to see that I still can't exit DOOM with a controller. :/

Old Post Dec 30 2016 04:28 #
Breeder is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Jon
code scholar

Breeder said:
Updates are always great news, though I'm sad to see that I still can't exit DOOM with a controller. :/

I did begin working on this and related controller only stuff, I can't remember where I got to, but real life got in the way I think.

Old Post Dec 30 2016 08:28 #
Jon is offline Twitter account Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
Zapzop
Mini-Member

Awesome news!

Old Post Dec 31 2016 09:24 #
Zapzop is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DWF

Sound patches updated for 2.3.0

Patch 1: Enable SF2 sound fonts with FluidSynth (requires SDL built with FluidSynth support)

Patch 2: Restore clipless libsamplerate resampling (applies after patch 1)

Note: Pitch shifting (added in 2.3.0) still works with HQ resampling, but the sound quality is not preserved.

Old Post Jan 9 2017 02:42 #
DWF is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
fraggle
Registered just to make two posts

DWF said:
Sound patches updated for 2.3.0

Could you open a couple of pull requests for these?

Old Post Jan 10 2017 14:38 #
fraggle is online now Twitter account Youtube Twitch Github || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote
DWF

fraggle said:
Could you open a couple of pull requests for these?

The first one was opened in June 2016. They touch the same files and I figured to get the easy one merged first.

Old Post Jan 10 2017 18:00 #
DWF is offline || Blog || PM || Post History || Add Buddy IP || Edit || Quote