Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Julian

Farther From The Sun

Ross "ZarcyB" Mathieson is currently working on a new ZDoom partial conversion, Doom: Escape from Jupiter. The project will feature 20 new maps in 4 hubs, scripted cut scenes and dialogue, new music and graphics and other characters to interact with. 3 screenshots are already available. Ross plans to release the first hub as soon as it is finished, so that people can have a taste at what to expect from the final product.

Julian said:

Ross "ZarcyB" Mathieson is currently working on a new ZDoom partial conversion, Doom: Escape from Jupiter. The project will feature 20 new maps in 4 hubs, scripted cut scenes and dialogue, new music and graphics and other characters to interact with. 3 screenshots are already available. Ross plans to release the first hub as soon as it is finished, so that people can have a taste at what to expect from the final product.

your BACK.
where were you dude?

Seriously, what's wrong with it? Like KoolKat said, I think it looks just fine the way it is.

Well, some of the textures do look kind of repetetive. Mainly the floor one though, and the big pump-thingies in the third shot could do with a different texture. Otherwise it looks fine and the architecture looks just adorable.

Maybe make gold and light green versions of SHAWN2, I've done this myself and they make things look a lot more attractive :)

If I remember right, Jupiter is a gas planet which objects can just go straight through. I could be wrong though.

Mizz said:

If I remember right, Jupiter is a gas planet which objects can just go straight through. I could be wrong though.

Yeah, you're right, plus the gravity would crush a person.

NiGHTMARE said:

Maybe it's set on an orbital base.

I'm not stupid enough to have it set on a gas giant :P

It's set on Io.

Io is a world of sulphurous lakes and active volcanoes, but they aren't that bad really (and they make for some great hellish outdoor areas). Far more serious is the solar wind that bombards Io with doses of radiation big enough to turn a man to sludge instantly.

In order to preserve a tiny sliver of realism you should make all outdoor areas poisonous. That would also increase the feeling of claustrophobia.

Jupiter has a solid core, but It is mostly gas. You could only go right through if you aimed to the side, if we forgot gravity.