Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Quasar

Eternity ported to MinGW

I've succeeded in porting the Eternity Engine to the MinGW compiler for Windows. This means that its possible to build Eternity on the Win32 platform without having to pay tribute to the Anti-Christ or to Seig Heil any madmen with odd mustaches, IF you get my drift.

The necessary changes will be included in the beta 3 release, except for Joel, who will be getting them much sooner ;)

Quasar said:

I've succeeded in porting the Eternity Engine to the MinGW compiler for Windows. This means that its possible to build Eternity on the Win32 platform without having to pay tribute to the Anti-Christ or to Seig Heil any madmen with odd mustaches, IF you get my drift.

Heh.

Quasar said:

The necessary changes will be included in the beta 3 release, except for Joel, who will be getting them much sooner ;)

/me does jig in celebration before consulting Google on just what the hell MinGW is

I have written you up some instructions on what packages you need to get and how to compile the stuff you need for Eternity, so unless you're confident, you can wait until then -- I had a lot of trouble building SDL for MinGW until I found a bug fix for the config scripts, and I've included the instructions on how to fix it :->

Cool. Don't worry, I've got enough stuff on my plate to occupy three people so it's not like I'll be waiting impatiently by my inbox or anything.