Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RazTK

Turbo Bug

If you type : Turbo 255 everything works fine.
If you type : Turbo 256 the up-arrow key does the same action like the down-arrow key...exactly, the player will move backward. O_o
If you type : Turbo 258 (and any other number greater than 258), the keys will do the opposite action: The up-arrow key will move the player backward and the down-arrow key will move the player forward. o_O

Bloodshedder said:

If I recall correctly, turbo values above 255 screwed up vanilla Doom as well, probably just like this.

Oh, ok.
I think they should set the limit to 255 and not 400 (the current limit).

The max was set to 400 in SMMU; why, I have no idea. I was just looking at this the other day and wondering if it should be changed.

Quasar said:

The max was set to 400 in SMMU; why, I have no idea. I was just looking at this the other day and wondering if it should be changed.

Well, you can try to fix the bug though.
Why is it change the keys anyway?

Setting it higher than 255 causes the factor by which the player's momentum is increased per keydown event to become negative, therefore when applied to your momenta, you move the opposite direction than the one intended. Could almost become a feature if you could toggle it with a script ;)

YOU GOT TEH LSD!
*controls reverse*

Combined with a randomized colormap lump this would get really interesting ;)

Bloodshedder said:
If I recall correctly, turbo values above 255 screwed up vanilla Doom as well, probably just like this.

I tried this in Doom; those effects occur at normal speed if you're running only, and when walking the effect seems to simply be standard movement at maximum turbo speeds (-turbo 255.) And any value above 257 behaves like 258, even -turbo 1000000 or whatever.