Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
printz

Super Shotgun Accuracy is way off (I edited the title)

Just noticed it. Setting 4 ("Super Shotgun Accuracy") for Args2 in the FireCustomBullets gun codepointer creates a very bad shot, that too easily hits ceilings and nearby walls, being a lot less accurate than default FireShotgun2, but similar to "Monster Accuracy", worse that it also misses vertically...

The tracer range is the same. It probably seems bad to you because you are having a weapon shoot only one or a couple of them at a time. The SSG seems so effective because it fires so many tracers. If you shoot at a distant wall, however, you will see how spread-out they can be.

Quasar said:

The tracer range is the same.

Oh really. Compare the trails in those two pics. The first one is about a chaingun modified to fire Super Shots via FireCustomBullets; the second one is a chain SSG. The first one is way inaccurate vertically, the second one fires normally. Both fire the same number of times.

O_o OK. There must be a bug that has crept in since the original implementation, because I did test it at the time of writing the code and this didn't happen back then. I'll check on it.

EDIT: Fixed. The bulletslope was getting a += performed on it for every iteration of the tracer-firing loop, so ironically it would start out correct and then get worse for each subsequent tracer. This *was* evidently introduced after the last rewrite done to the function to streamline it, and I neglected to test it again after that (my bad!). Thanks for illustrating this problem so clearly with the screenshots, that was very useful.