Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

MBF friend question

Is it true that the MBF friends are allied only to one of the players in deathmatch mode, since SMMU? Or was it a misunderstanding of mine? And if they are, how do they choose the player?

No; in SMMU, friends will attack ALL players, because the players are behaving belligerently toward each other. Other than that, they still behave the same though, and will still attack normal monsters too.

In MBF's text file it even says that it's really a single-player engine. I think the best course of action is to plan the deathmatch parts (if I make them) for other ports, such as Eternity or Skulltag.

MBF friends cannot be easily modified to obey a particular player; I have no plan to add that feature to them.

Strife-style allies and Hexen-style servants are coded from the ground up to ally themselves with a particular controlling player, though, and I would expect that to remain in the Eternity implementations of these features (they will *not* be folded into FRIEND but will be controlled by their own relatively vanilla-compatible flags and code).