Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Gez

No music

I found out that I get sound, but not music anymore, when using Eternity.

At first I thought I had solved the problem by removing midiproc.exe since Eternity then played back music again the very next time I ran it... But one the second time after that, music was lost again. And the presence or absence of midiproc.exe doesn't change anything now.

Silly question, but, can you check to see if my build works too? It might help us narrow down the problem.

Need more info:

• Version of EE
  • Version of SDL.dll and SDL_mixer.dll
  • Version of Windows
  • What type of MIDI device is being targeted

Official Bifröst build, using the libs packaged with it.

CRC-32:
eternity.exe:	a26a6fd2
SDL.dll:	6f1c3c59
SDL_mixer.dll:	eb3a0bd
Clean install with nothing else in the directory.

Windows 7-64.

Target MIDI device type? I'm not sure what you mean. In the sound options the only choices I get for MIDI driver are "SDL mixer" and "none", and I am not using "none". I don't have any global MIDI driver other than Microsoft's standard wavetable synth (didn't install BASSMIDI or whatever, no dedicated soundcard).

Using eternity.exe, eternityMMX.exe, or eternityi686.exe makes no difference.

I don't suppose you've maybe tried rolling back my change to the mus2midi module which adds in full all-notes-off events to every channel when the songs start, have you?

It's possible some non-compliant MIDI driver or hardware doesn't play nice with that. If so, I'm going to have to make it optional.

I haven't tried to compile Eternity since AFAIK it isn't compatible anymore with VC++ 2005.

As far as audio/MIDI hardware and driver goes, I have the same bog-standard Realtek High Definition Audio that every motherboard has had for the last decade or so, and whatever MIDI driver comes with Windows 7 64.