Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
superpomme

q

quarantine - been playing the game recently and, well its a great game but the res is just a real setback to it - and i was wondering
a.how difficult is it to put in coding for added graphics as seen in just about every doom port now
and b. is it possible to get the code out of the game as its not actually available on the net

is anyof this actually possible - help much appreciated

You could use a hex editor, but you'd be better off eating some of those plastic letters and rewriting the EXE in Notepad with the letters iin the order that they appeared in your shit (read: hex editors are pretty useless).

superpomme said:

b. is it possible to get the code out of the game as its not actually available on the net

No.

Dammit, I need to play that game again.
In my opinion it's still one of the best games ever. Great atmosphere..

Woolie Wool said:

You could use a hex editor, but you'd be better off eating some of those plastic letters and rewriting the EXE in Notepad with the letters iin the order that they appeared in your shit (read: hex editors are pretty useless).

That's how daikatana was made. Why do you think it took so long?

hmm - its true it is still warez but its when the company has gone bankrupt or dont care anymore. quaranine was done by gametek which is gone now...so the game just floats...there is a bit of controvosy about wherether or not it is actually legal to offer them or not... check WHY DOES BBG HAVE TO KEEP REMOVING THIS URL WHEN HE CLEARLY STATED THAT ABANDONWAREZ IS STILL WAREZ - one of the best abandonware places

"quarantine - doom in a taxi - what more could you want"

Disorder said:

It is?
All the games there are just freeware, right?

No, they are still copyrighted, therefore, it is illegal to download them, you must search to PURCHASE them.

NEXT ABANDONWAREZ LINK I HAVE TO REMOVE, THE PERSON THAT POSTED IT WILL WISH THEY HAD NOT! Got it?

bigbadgangsta said:

NEXT ABANDONWAREZ LINK I HAVE TO REMOVE, THE PERSON THAT POSTED IT WILL WISH THEY HAD NOT![/b] Got it?

Nooooo!!!! Not the Loserforum again!!