Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VileSlay

star wars lego insanity.

if you are a fan of lego or star wars, take a look at the star destroyer on this page. it's the fourth item on the page. here are the specs for it:

Star Wars 25th Anniversary!
Special Introductory Price on the All-New Imperial Star Destroyer! Hurry! It’s for a Limited Time Then Regular Pricing Applies!

Item#: 10030
Ages: 16+
Pieces: 3104
Price: USD 269.00

the listed dimensions are 37” by 23”

that is one of the sickest lego sets I've seen so far.

225 FUCKING QUID for THAT???

I mean, don't get me wrong, i probably love StarWars more than the next guy but, i mean, you can buy a model Star Destroyer - same scale - for about 20-30 quid. It'd look far better, plus it's got fibre-obtic lighting and you can paint the thing.

This is, as previously mentioned, SICK.

And just think, if one tiny piece ends up lost, the entire "model" becomes incomplete. Imagine working for a few weeks on a twenty thousand piece jigsaw puzzle which cost around $250, only to discover at the end that there's a piece missing.

Or just as bad, imagine buying one of these things for your kids who have been bothering you about it for weeks. Three hours later, they put it together and it ends up forevermore in some dark, forgotten corner of their closet, never to be seen again.

It's only $270 until January 1st, and after then it's $300. The only bad thing about Lego is the ridiculously high prices they charge.

Anybody who's interested in SW Lego, I suggest you visit fbtb.net]From Bricks to Bothans. It's a great site.

this is why i hate the new star wars. come on it is ONLY a movie. i am so sick of seeing star wars shit everyware. now i do like the older movies and a haven't seen the last one yet, but i still dont think the new ones are as great as the old. they showed us how much they could do with as little as they had back then.
anyway it could be worse and i could be seeing pokemon or beany babies all over agian.
god pokemon and beany babies fucking suck ass!! those where the most annoying, retarded, plain retarded, ignorant and did i say retarded fads i have seen in my remebered life.

Lego and Star Wars aren't the problem here. It's just completely outrageous that a single Lego set can cost as much as a decent DVD player. If anyone is even considering buying one of those, I have some lovely real estate I'd like to sell you located in a wonderful spot just north of the Sea of Tranquility.

Why the fuck not? That thing is like a meter long with how many thousand pieces?

Hell, I'd get one. Sometime.

star wars was a good movie but no toy is worth that much, even if it is star wars.
anyone who pays that price for that thing needs to be placed in a mental hospital. starwars was good but not that good! no movie novalty toy is worth that much. jesus fuck'n crist there are sure alot of dumbass out there. that lego kit better be the size of the death star if you are paying that much

Hmm...

A fully working Lego Death Star (actual size). Imagine the fun you can have with one of these...

you can buy a model Star Destroyer - same scale - for about 20-30 quid. It'd look far better, plus it's got fibre-obtic lighting and you can paint the thing.

But you wouldn't have the pleasure of building a materpiece and being able to say you have a near $300 Star Destroyer lego model. My friend has $600 worth of Episode I concept art, he got it for $20 at a Toys R' Us clear out though. Only 200 made.

licsencing(sp?) is big business. look at spongebob. now you can get just about anything related to the little yellow guy. there is even a board game. star wars, though, has so much its not funny. monopoly, trivial pursuit, video games, bed sheets, etc., etc. these things become unstoppable juggernauts for the money makers. its really an effort to make money for yourself and the property owner. if you had a company that made, say, stuffed animals, wouldn't you want to make a name for yourself by making star wars stuffies?

*Sigh*. The first and second waves of star wars games were almost all class. Remember when dark forces what one of the few games that challenged dooms might? and the X-Wing and Tie fighter games. Brilliant! Jedi Knight changed my concept of what good level design for a FPS was. And super empire strikes back. Joy! Sure there were the Rebel assault games, but that was about the only bad there was. Those were the days!

Ct_red_pants said:

*Sigh*. The first and second waves of star wars games were almost all class. Remember when dark forces what one of the few games that challenged dooms might? and the X-Wing and Tie fighter games. Brilliant! Jedi Knight changed my concept of what good level design for a FPS was. And super empire strikes back. Joy! Sure there were the Rebel assault games, but that was about the only bad there was. Those were the days!

yeah I almost gave up doom for dark forces. all the nes and snes console games for new hope/empire/jedi rocked. IMO shadow of the empire mostly sucked. but other than that most of the star wars games owned.

Darkstalker said:

The Lego company must be rich with the price of their shitty plastic toys.

I'd like to see you invent something better?

i used to get an unholy shitload of lego. I think i have upwards of 1500$ in sets alone. Sick.

BTW, one of the things i own is a great big pirate ship made in 93-95.
It cost around 200$ back then, and is probably worth more today as a result of it's limited supply. It's really cool tho, has tons of features and about 2000 peices.

I also used to collect the lego space stuff as a kid. It looks waaaay cooled than this starwars shit. Some of it even lights up and stuff.

Legos have gotten bloated and dumb. The prices are bull and they've been extremely dumbed down for today's dumber children. The lego stuff I see in stores anymore is so damn stupid. Old school legos from 10-20 years ago are much better and these newer mega blocks are cool.