Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
JavaGuy

(none)

It's time for another of Javaguy's thrilling "Find this for me please because I'm an incompetent moron and can't find anything for myself" threads.

This one might be a little tough. However, I have faith in Fodders superhuman powers to find anything in the entire world. I seriously think he should be dubbed the mage of information, like that little gnome guy in the Xanth books.

I'm looking for a laptop. But not just any laptop. One the has at least the recommended requirements for Doom. What's more is that I'm looking for it for under $1700, and under $1500 would be even better.

Thanks for your precious time with which you could probably be doing something better.

DOOM? or DOOM3?
If you are really asking for DOOM... dude, check the newspaper for the nearest garage sale laptop you can find. =P

DEMOn said:

DOOM? or DOOM3?

I was thinking that! $1500 is a LOT of money to spend to run the original Doom. A 486DX 2/66 will run vanilla doom quite happily (in general) and these will be next to nothing in terms of cost. Or get a cheap Pentium. I was quite happily running all my doom stuff on a P233mmx until recently (I upgraded).

Now if you're talking Doom3, you'd better start saving.....

I was, in fact, talking Doom III. As of now, I have $950. My work place still owes me money, and I have a decent paying job. I'm selling my go(ghetto) kart and my old 200XL HP palmtop. The next few hundred dollars won't really be a problem.

Those Xanth books rule. The short gnome dude was Good Magician Humphrey.

a laptop that can run doom? I'd wager you could get one for about 300-500 dollars.