Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Linguica

I will answer any question you have about Doomworld

Are the id guys responsive to DW?, I can't remember you having an exclusive interview with those guys.

When DOOM3 maps start appearing, will they be reviewed in a separate newstuff? and will the newstuff format change? (ie more like LvL for Q3).

1) After Lüt banned me and you made fun of me, why did you wait more than a month to remove my access to DW's root FTP access? Did you just think I had too much integrity to go in and completely screw up Doomworld and wreak unimaginable havoc? (If so, you were right.) Or did you just fail to realize that the power of the ring was at my fingertips?

2) On that note, how come all the right files appear in a Doomworld directory through a web browser (I.E. doomworld.com/andrewb) but only a fraction of those files seem to appear on an FTP client? It's not a filename extention thing either, because all MP3 files appear through the browser while only a couple of them appear through the FTP client.

3) What nickname does Katarhyne go by these days on IRC?

Please stop using "leet" talk on the front page. It sounds really stupid.

Disorder said:

That is not a question.

that is not a question either ;)

but this is: the most people online at forums is 64, but is that members only or does it include quests.

1. Are there any WADs floating around DoomWorld that you really like or are looking forward to?

2. Who is or was your least favourite member of DoomWorld (and did you ban them?)

3. What makes you decide a website is worth hosting on DoomWorld?

4. What is your all-time favourite post?

1. Who in the doomworld forums has most posts

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/memberlist.php?s=&what=topposters&perpage=10

2. What thread has got most replies

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2626

3. Has anyone ever got kicked out of the forums by mods

Plenty of people have, it's called banning.

4. What is the wad you have enjoyed the most

No idea, I liked 10 Sectors a lot.

5. What is the starting day of doomworld

March 13, 1998.

6. How many visitors doomworld has on average

Main pages gets 3000-3500 views a day on average.

Why do Doom 3 database section of Doomworld or some other particular sections seem so unorganized? Especially the way of how you view those Doom 3 screenies that you can't have them displayed all at once, and it uses big blunt fonts and such....

I am not a UI designer, I designed the site to be simple and readable and usable. The screenie script is a POS that I wrote long ago and have never replaced with anything better.

Why does not Doomworld itself have a database for basic Doom & Doom II information on the monsters(with proper descriptions), weapons, reviews of official levels, etc.

That sort of thing is so basic that nobody around here bothered. There's plenty of other sites with that kind of thing.

How do you go about getting a custom title?

Asking for one.

Or changing username?

Asking for it.

Hey ling, what inspired you to use the name linguica?

Way back in seventh grade I was at Round Table Pizza and saw this thing on the toppings menu called "linguica" which neither I nor my friends had ever heard of. We started making jokes about it and its funny name. Hey, we were like 13 at the time.

Do you have super powers?

Maybe

Can i have $5?

no

1. What inspired you to call the site Doomworld?

I did not register the domain name, that was Marv of Telefragged's doing. Remember that Doomworld was not my idea, it was his.

2. What previous experience (if any) did you have with making websites and ,hm, "adding" forums to websites?

I ran Functional Entropy before Doomworld, which was sort of the genesis of the Doom news website. Functional Entropy was on Telefragged as well, which meant Marv knew where to go when he registered DW. Forums didn't show up until May 2000, mostly because we didn't want them. Especially Mordeth, if I remember right, was against the idea of forums which weren't under our explicit control and could be exploited and used for spamming and flamewars and disgusting images and so on.

3. Who was/were the first member(s) to join DW?

Me, of course.

Do you think Shaviro sounds more cool than Maonth?

i dont care

What do you think the future holds for DW, or what do you have in mind for DW (what with the recent flood of newbies, Doom3, and departures of some of the better known community members)? Who do you think is now the biggest spammer, excluding BBG and Fredrik? And what happened to Zaldron?

I have nothing in particular in mind for DW. As always, I would love more server rights so I could do more crap around here, but whatever. I don't care who comes and who goes on the forums. The biggest recent spammer was Railgunner. Zaldron's computer died IIRC.

Is Mordeth a super mod or admin? Cause in his title it says Super Moderator, but I'd just like to be sure here.

super mod

Do you think you will change the style of the website for when Doom 3 comes out?

If you mean the look of the site, that would be easy to do anyway with the skinning I have set up. If you mean the editorial style, I have no idea.

Are you going to regret the day that Doom 3 comes out because of all of the new people that will come and post on here?

Probably not, it certainly won't be boring.

Here's another one: where's Covaro?

He has a Life(tm)

Do you have any regrets of deciding to run Doomworld?

I didn't realize it would go on so goddamn long. This March will be the fifth anniversary.

Are the id guys responsive to DW?, I can't remember you having an exclusive interview with those guys.

We've interviewed Romero, Carmack, Tim Willits, Fred Nilsson. They're not "responsive" in the sense that I don't talk to them regularly and they don't post here, but I know they look at DW from time to time.

When DOOM3 maps start appearing, will they be reviewed in a separate newstuff? and will the newstuff format change? (ie more like LvL for Q3).

Hell if I know. I don't think /newstuff will apply for Doom 3. I *hope* for Doomworld to host a good Doom 3 review site, but who knows.

1) After Lüt banned me and you made fun of me, why did you wait more than a month to remove my access to DW's root FTP access? Did you just think I had too much integrity to go in and completely screw up Doomworld and wreak unimaginable havoc? (If so, you were right.) Or did you just fail to realize that the power of the ring was at my fingertips?

I honestly can't remember. When did Lut ban you? And I always made fun of you.

2) On that note, how come all the right files appear in a Doomworld directory through a web browser (I.E. doomworld.com/andrewb) but only a fraction of those files seem to appear on an FTP client? It's not a filename extention thing either, because all MP3 files appear through the browser while only a couple of them appear through the FTP client.

Technical question, ask Marv

3) What nickname does Katarhyne go by these days on IRC?

rayle or trollop

Why did you remove the polls section?

Because having an entire forum dedicated to polls seemed dumb to me.

1. Are there any WADs floating around DoomWorld that you really like or are looking forward to?

Dunno, I'd like to see Millennium released sometime. And Mordeth E2/E3.

2. Who is or was your least favourite member of DoomWorld (and did you ban them?)

"Breanna," for the faking-Lut's-death thing. Yes, "she" was banned.

3. What makes you decide a website is worth hosting on DoomWorld?

Dunno, it just has to look good enough to me. Plus getting a site hosted is usually a pain in the ass because I have to go through Marv, so lately I haven't bothered.

4. What is your all-time favourite post?

Can't remember, I know there have been some really good ones.

1. Who were your favorite 3 people to ban?
2. Do you intend on leaving DW anytime soon?
3. Why is bigbadgangsta so dumb?
4. Do you like kangaroos?
5. What's your beef with esco?
6. What's your beef with Ralphis?
7. What's your beef with Dashiva?
8. Don't you think doomnation ruled?
9. What are your views on pre-teens and abortion?
10. Can I ask more questions?

1. Who were your favorite 3 people to ban?

retarded

2. Do you intend on leaving DW anytime soon?

i don't know

3. Why is bigbadgangsta so dumb?

retarded

4. Do you like kangaroos?

retarded

5. What's your beef with esco?

His annoying and pointless way of typing

6. What's your beef with Ralphis?

Lameness

7. What's your beef with Dashiva?

various

no

9. What are your views on pre-teens and abortion?

together or separately?

10. Can I ask more questions?

I don't know, can you?

Linguica said:

Asking for it.

Okay, so please can you change my username to 'GS' (without the quotes)?

How much money would I have to pay you exactly to get moderator status? and the pre-teen and abortion go hand in hand.

I was wondering if there was any record of the accounts deleted when the forums converted to vBulletin. If so i could know the date i really registered!

Okay, so please can you change my username to 'GS' (without the quotes)?

Not now.

Is there any topic that pisses you off and if there is can you stop them from being discussed here on DW?

Go look in Post Hell for ideas on topics I don't like.

How much money would I have to pay you exactly to get moderator status? and the pre-teen and abortion go hand in hand.

Mod status: I think $100 would grease the admin tool enough to get you modded.Preteen abortion: all aborted babies are preteen, aren't they? What's the point?

Will you marry me?

Depends babe, how big's the dowry?

I was wondering if there was any record of the accounts deleted when the forums converted to vBulletin. If so i could know the date i really registered!

No "Use3D" on record in the old forum software.

Have you ever thought about taking out the rants and raves (and all its various incarnations) so morons like me will stop griping about religious stuff?

1. What do you do for a living?

2. Any plans for some new mods or something?

3. Do you think you'll probably EVER make those regexes or whatever for HTML to VB?

4. Do you think you'll ever get around to fucking with the CSS so themes will work on the forums?

5. This is a question I have been asked so I figured I'd ask it for those people. What can Moderators do that regular users can't? What can Super Moderators do that Moderators cannot? What can Administrators do that Super Moderators cannot.

6. What is disabled on the forums? (a question I've been asked too, I'm not totally sure about everything though)

7. What would you like to implement on the main page but haven't gotten around to doing?

8. What would you like to implement into the forum software but haven't gotten around to doing/can't do it?

9. What are your thoughts on World Peace? Do you think it is possible?

10. What is your favorite food and drink? What is your most hated food and drink?

Damn, maybe i shoulda made a single post, or maybe it was under another username. oh well, shit happens. thanks!

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

no

Hey why the hell not, jerk store!

I thought it read "any question you have about Doomworld", not "any question about Linguica personally".

Fredrik said:

I thought it read "any question you have about Doomworld", not "any question about Linguica personally".

LINGUICA IS DOOMWORLD!!!!!11111

1. Will we ever have custom titles?
2. Ling, do you have a girlfriend? (If the answer's no, please proceed to question #3)
3. Ling, how often do you masturbate?

Ultraviolet said:

Can you explain "fp! props to all logged in trolls!" ?

Thats from slashdot which is well known for having an entire troll subculture. fp = first post, logged in trolls = people posting troll posts while logged in rather than anonymously.

fredrik is also a small time slashdot troll and posted that in a thread here on doomworld.

Why has the name chaged from "Rants & Raves" to "Let's All Debate Christianity!"?

Why did you decide PH needed music?

Can I call you "Master Linguica"?