Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Insomniak

Snipe snipe snipe...

dsm said:

Aw crap! Not another thread about guns in the US!

Exactly my point. This thread was about that idiot-sniper, not about gunlaws. By the way, I don't know if it was mentioned here before, but the guy left a tarotcard with the death-symbol on the spot from where he opened fire on a 13 year old kid. At the back of the card the following was written: "Dear policeman, I am God"

I agree, this thread isn't about gun control. I could continue debating, but I like reading peacefully more than seeing four letter words left and right. I just want to point out that my initial post was about being tired of the US bashing threads, not about gun control debates.
Erik, I thank you for your correct replies, though. Crp, see you on another thread, another time, perhaps.

As for this topic: living in Virginia and having most of my aquitances live in the DC metro area doesn't make me feel exactly cool and objective about this problem. The last shooting happened only ten minutes from where we used to live only a year ago (Manassas).

Disorder said:

"Dear policeman, I am God"

Proof that God is evil :-)

Ultraviolet said:

No, guns are just a means.

"Guns don't kill people, people kill people."

People with guns kill people.

Whoever that sniper loser is, I hope it gets killed in the most cruel and inhuman way possible >:( I'm sick of hearing about this crap, it's so depressing.

fodders said:

People with guns kill people.

Silly statement. My father owns several guns and would never kill anyone. Not everyone with a gun will ever kill somebody, only those with mental sicknesses, like this sniper guy has.

IMO, this guy is a wimp. If he is going to take people's lives, he should at least risk his own.

bigbadgangsta said:

Silly statement. My father owns several guns and would never kill anyone. Not everyone with a gun will ever kill somebody, only those with mental sicknesses, like this sniper guy has.

Everyone with a gun has the capacity to kill though.

fodders said:

Anyone could find a way to kill with anything, though. Somebody could kill me with this half-pack of 3x5" notecards I have sitting on top of my computer tower. Weapons just make it a bit easier, if you know how to use them.

Here's a fun fact: History's first designed weapons were farming tools. The axe, the whip, the nunchaku...

Besides, almost none of the people who can kill want to, and those that have killed usually have zero intention of doing it again. My dad still has nightmares about the people he killed while he was in the service, yet he owns several hunting weapons.

I only have the capacity to kill idiots. I am required to trap them first. Of course, since I have no physical strength to speak of, my traps are such that a person would have to have the mental capacity of a dazed duck to fall into them.

Now open that door over there.

DC

The Illinois State Rifle Association said:
Just the usual stuff that happens with gun control

…

No. this thread is about a nut with a gun
Not too original one at that. I am god? Please! I could do better then that!

IMJack said:

People don't kill people with guns.

Or they do, since "with guns" can also be modifying the verb (in your interpretation it's modifying the object.)

myk said:

Or they do, since "with guns" can also be modifying the verb (in your interpretation it's modifying the object.)

Yeah, I coulda worded that better. :\

People with guns are not killed by people. People are not killed by people with guns. Guns do not kill people. People do not kill guns. Ducks do not yodel.

DC

fodders said:

So does everyone with a kitchen knife, gasoline with a lighter, an axe, a razor blade, poison or a really sharp stick.

bigbadgangsta said:

So does everyone with a kitchen knife, gasoline with a lighter, an axe, a razor blade, poison or a really sharp stick.

You are standing in an ally. A would be mugger jumps out witch of these Items would least rather be mugged with:

a)A crowbar
b)A knife
c)A handgun
?

Ct_red_pants said:

You are standing in an ally. A would be mugger jumps out witch of these Items would least rather be mugged with:

a)A crowbar
b)A knife
c)A handgun
?

Crowbar or knife. Painful death.

bigbadgangsta said:

Crowbar or knife. Painful death.

You have never been shot have you? And as least you can run from a Crowbar or a knife.
(Yes I do know that pistols are inaccurate, but they still have a longer range)

IMJack said:

My dad still has nightmares about the people he killed while he was in the service, yet he owns several hunting weapons.

Poor daddy :~(

And, another one.

The man was killed at an Exxon gas station on U.S. Route 1 in Spotsylvania County, in the area of Exit 126 on I-95, about 9:30 a.m., according to Virginia state police and county police. No identification of the victim was made immediately available by law enforcement personnel.

It was not known whether the killing was related to the recent Washington-area sniper shootings that have killed seven people and wounded two others. Three of the sniper shootings targeted people filling their cars at gas stations.

Someone please stop this bastard.

Silly me thought that everyone wanted to stop the gun control argument. Guess, I was wrong.

Ct_red_pants said:

a)A crowbar
b)A knife
c)A handgun
?

You are standing in an alley. A would-be mugger jumps out; which of these items would you like to be in your pocket?

a) Money
b) A handgun

We really cannot argue about gun control, with two different mindsets. "What I prefer to be robbed with?" What the fuck? :) I prefer to send the little shithead run away.
You prefer to believe that you are safe, depending on the mercy of the stronger, the better armed, the criminals. I prefer to stand up and fight them instead. You would be surprised to know how many criminals aren't too brave when their -- supposedly harmless -- victim pulls out a gun and points it in their faces. Please, whoever thinks guns are made only to kill, think again. In most cases you don't need to use the gun, the idiot criminal runs away instead.

You are standing in an alley. A would-be mugger jumps out; which of these items would you like to be in your pocket?

a) Money
b) A handgun

Definitely money. That way I'd stand a fair chance to get out of the situation alive - if I pulled up a handgun, anything could happen.

Fredrik said:

Definitely money. That way I'd stand a fair chance to get out of the situation alive - if I pulled up a handgun, anything could happen.

Yup. If you pull money, the guy might think he cuts you anyway :) See, it's our mindset that's different. You depend on his mercy, I try not to.

A wiser man than I once said: Never threaten with a weapon. If you pull out a gun and stick it in somebody's face, they'll know you have it, where you keep it, and you lose all element of surprise. The first time that somebody knows you have a weapon (ANY weapon, gun, knife, etc...) should be after you've killed him with it.

If it were me being robbed, and I was armed, I'd just let the guy take my wallet. Then shoot him in the back while he was running away.