1. 1. Read the above

• Mancubus
    • Revenant
    • Chaingunner
    • Pain Elemental
    • SS Nazi
    • Hell Knight
    • Archvile

i don't hate any doom2 monsters. they all provide different challenges and give the game a bit more uniqueness without making gameplay overloaded with too many different types.

I agree with deathzor; only if they are used poorly in a wad are any of them truly annoying. (like getting mobbed by 10 cacodemons from above while in a small room)
(okay, the PE is a bitch, but that goes without saying :)

The Hell Knight is redundant. Cacodemons are about as tough and have about the same damage potential. Cacodemons can fly, look cool and have a fireball attack. This is what makes them the greatest of all the Doom monsters.

dsm said:

Well, the Baron was originally intended as a minor boss - a monster that's rare and mostly encountered alone. To that, the monster's high hitpoint level suits it perfectly imo.

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if those who think the Hell Knight is cool turn out to be those who first played Doom 2 before they even tried Doom 1.

Well, at least I played Doom 1 before Doom 2. And I think there should be more demon monsters with few health so any weak monster is welcome for me.

If I could wish one more monster to doom 2 I would want another imp-like demon monster that would die with one shotgun bullet.

dsm said:

Btw, I wouldn't be surprised if those who think the Hell Knight is cool turn out to be those who first played Doom 2 before they even tried Doom 1.

Thats not true. I started on Doom 1 and didnt play doom 2 until years after its release. I was pleased with the hell knight because I liked the Barons but hated having to use so much ammo. Adding hell knights allowed mappers to use the baron for his intended purpose, a boss/mini-boss.

Assmaster said:

Thats not true. I started on Doom 1 and didnt play doom 2 until years after its release. I was pleased with the hell knight because I liked the Barons but hated having to use so much ammo. Adding hell knights allowed mappers to use the baron for his intended purpose, a boss/mini-boss.

Yeah I can see that, but the least thing they could do was to alter its looks a little.
This "recoloured baron" looked so cheapo that in my eyes, Doom 2 could easily have passed as a Doom 1 mod.

What's wrong with speed holes? They make the car go faster.

Anyway, thank you for reminding me about tonight. I probably would have missed tonight's Simpsons episode.

My only complaint about chaingunners is that they can easily screw up -fast and NM playability (more so than most other monsters). Still, the same goes for demons.

The sprite of the revenant is too tall making it hard to judge where the monster can go or not. Also sometimes it's head is clearly visible, but you still can't snipe it.

hmm... The pain elem. or the arch-vile.
The arch-vile can be most annoying if it is a open part of the map...
and the pain elem. for spamming alot of lost souls... :)