Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Y2theJ

Your name?

well, I was given my nick a few years ago, the reasons being, I study mythology, including vampirism and my first name is Jay, hence vampirajay (vampira means female vampire in hungarian)

Son logged into a BBS years ago as Dominator, so I logged in as FOD Father Of Dominator, wife was MOD Mother Of Dominator, Fod became Fodders when Mordeth banned my ass :)

Hicks said:

Hicks is my favourite movie character he is from Aliens. :) yeah im a Xeno lover

That's like my favorite movie of all time.

Anyway, if you can't figure out why my name is what it is, then you really shouldn't be on this site.

My nickname is based on a character I made up two years ago. I had another nickname, but I used it back when I used to play StarCraft alot. So when I found this place and decided to register, I had to choose a name. I could have picked Lilzergling, but since I'm not much into StarCraft anymore, I thought I should use a new name. So after a while of thinking I decided to name myself after my character, Lizardcommando. And there ya go, my nickname!

I chose this particular name from the second series of maps that I made for Heretic. When I first came here, I used Happy Fun Ball, but I figured that I used that name enough elsewhere. Same with the IRC names (one of which for many years on DALnet was Doom). I didn't want to use [NERD]Brain, since that's what I use for Team Fortress. So I decided on this one.

Scientist said:

-In a few years I'm hoping to become a real scientist

/Me imagines Scientist with a white lab coat, a bald head, glasses and a nice blue shirt and a tie, walking about in a sterile lab, muttering "Why do we all have to wear these RIDICULOUS ties!" and "This is all within theoretical limits!"
;-)

I watched Fight Club at a crappy little hall party when I was a freshman. For some reason, the "I am Jack's foo" concept stuck with me. My nickname was several different aspects of Jack's personality depending on where I was. ("I am Jack's Rant Machine" for GameSpy's forums, "I am Jack's Dial-Up for GS Arcade, "I am Jack's Frag Machine" for Half-Life, etc.) For some reason, I shortened it to "IMJack." Funny thing, my real name isn't even close to Jack.

Vampirajay said:

Magic cards?

My friend plays that. It's like a cross between a simplified D&D in card form.

Vampirajay said:

Magic cards?

http://www.wizards.com

look there for info.

Magic is a collectible card game where players assemble decks any play against one another.

Well silverwyvern, at least you didn't call yourself Brown Ouphe.

Even though you can say against the collectible trading card game Magic the Gathering and the wawes of hysteria it brought forth it did feature a large amount of excellent and varied fantasy artwork.

I guess many hobby artists have been inspired to do what they do by said game.

I named myself after the Soviet Foreign Minister: Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov (1890-1986), the man whose skills in negotiation helped to save the world from the Nazis and end the Second World War. I changed the o`s into 0`s make it more 'mine' and because I didn`t think myself worthy of such a great name as Molotov...

BTW

Fodders:
Fod became Fodders when Mordeth banned my ass :)

You were banned?!? WHY?

BTW2
Magic The Gathering(tm) rulez!

Mol: your icon and DOOM itself doesn't really mesh with your pacifist style... but you surely have the most noble of nicknames. very cool.

m0l0t0v said:

I named myself after the Soviet Foreign Minister: Vyacheslav Mikhailovich Molotov (1890-1986), the man whose skills in negotiation helped to save the world from the Nazis and end the Second World War. I changed the o`s into 0`s make it more 'mine' and because I didn`t think myself worthy of such a great name as Molotov...

Funny, I thought your nick referred to molotov cocktails...

Mol: your icon and DOOM itself doesn't really mesh with your pacifist style... but you surely have the most noble of nicknames. very cool.

Molotov prevented (tens of) millions of deaths with his words.
Doom is my way to deal with agression in a virtual rather than real world...

Funny, I thought your nick referred to molotov cocktails...

The molotov cocktail was named after the same Molotov.

dsm said:

/Me imagines Scientist with a white lab coat, a bald head, glasses and a nice blue shirt and a tie, walking about in a sterile lab, muttering "Why do we all have to wear these RIDICULOUS ties!" and "This is all within theoretical limits!"
;-)

Heh, good one :)
/Me envisions Scientist with a dark colored labcoat, a bald head and glasses bumping into a soldier, walking into a dark room and turning on a machine, saying: "Ok it's all set, I've done what you asked but I'm worried that the stabilizationfield will be..." ;)

/Me imagines Scientist taking a sterile Kalashnikov from under his white lab coat, and killing every-one that's making fun of him!
This is all within theoretical limits of course. :-)

I do have glasses but I don't have a bald head (yet).

about Magic: I play that too!

Funny how Scientist reminds me of the reggae artist called Scientist. (Anybody who's played GTA3 has heard his stuff on KJAH FM in-game. :) My $0.02

DEMOn said:

Nah, at 1st I even thought DOOM would cater to gun-loving freaks and military-minded types, but I noticed only a minority is of players is like that, if any. Only pharisaical pacifist-tyes tend to scorn violent content in fiction. Plus you know that "pacifist" is one of the standard speendrunning styles!

m0l0t0v said:

BTW
You were banned?!? WHY?

I remember he was banned during the csdoom flamewar... I suppose he means that time.

Silverwyvern said:

I needed a name. I flipped though my magic cards til I found one I liked.

Never heard of that creature before, but then again I haven't bought any cards since Urza's Legacy came out a few years ago. (as people seemed to stop playing it where I was - bit of a shame, as it's a great game even though it's become a bit too powerful)

Back to the topic, well, it's easy to work out where I got my name from (except there wasn't enough room to put 'the' at the beginning).

myk said:

I remember he was banned during the csdoom flamewar... I suppose he means that time.

Nearly, it was the Doomserv flamewar :)

Ultimate DooMer said:

Back to the topic, well, it's easy to work out where I got my name from (except there wasn't enough room to put 'the' at the beginning).

But does it mean that you are the ultimate player of DooM, or that you play Ultimate DooM?

Heh, at least this thread is moving away from all those Half-Life scientist quotes. [/me thumps drinks machine.]

fodders said:

Nearly, it was the Doomserv flamewar :)

Heh, how many times were you banned? On that thread fraggle linked you are fod_vile as well as fodders.

Hmm, those threads back then were pretty confusing... with that branching method.

Grazza said:

But does it mean that you are the ultimate player of DooM, or that you play Ultimate DooM?

At the time I was the best DooM player/mapper etc. that I knew of, so yes, the first one is right. (of course there are lots of great DooM players/mappers that I met when I joined the old blazeboard, but I decided to keep the name cos I like it)