Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DooMer 4ever

Make a guess!

When will Doom3 regular forum post count exceed the post count in Classic Doom regular forum? Make a guess: before Doom3 comes out or after it and how much.

I'll guess three weeks after Doom3 comes out. (I don't like the fact though, I hope there will still be people who play original Doom, at least I will).

Since loads of doom3 posts will probably end up in post hell or simply deleted it might take more time for it to catch up.

Doomworld is the hub of the Doom/Doom2 community and will therefore always have a substantial amount of posting.

On the Doom3 front there are plenty of other Doom3 sites with the potential to become community nexuses. I guess Doomworld will cater mostly to those who loved Doom/Doom2, but are totally engrossed by Doom3.

Even if Doom 3 does catch up with Classic Doom at some point, I think Classic Doom will overtake it again, for the reason Little Faith describes. Unless the forums get restructured in some major way, of course.

I can't imagine that people who are currently still playing Doom/Doom2 will give it up just because Doom 3 is out; I think it will just be viewed as a new and different game.

myk makes a good point; maybe the real question is how long it will take for Post Hell to become the biggest forum. :)

Hey, those are really good points. I forgot the possibility that Doom3 forum never has more posts than classic Doom and really big part of the posts in doom3 forums will go to post hell...

I think it will be more like 6 to 8 months after it's released. Right now, there's close to 92 thousand posts in the Doom section (over 72 thousand in General alone), while there about 16 and a half thousand in the Doom 3 section. It's going to take an enormous flood of people just to come close to catching up. About 25% will most likely be posts deserving of Hell.

Also, people will still be talking in the Doom section after Doom 3 is released, which will make it that much longer.