• The author of the article
    • The rioters themselves
    • The Miss World pageant
    • The Islamic faith
    • Humanity in general
    • God
    • Nobody

I guess those women were literally to die for,
drop dead gorgeous, dressed to kill, ...

...I`ll stop now and go to bed...

Open season on rioters

Currently at least 215 dead, 500 wounded. We should pay some kind of tribute to the dead and wounded, victims of pointless, dumbass violence. Tendering ideas.

And the offending quote:

"What would Muhammad think? In all honesty, he would probably have chosen a wife from among them," Isioma Daniel wrote.

The Islamic faith is wrong. I'm not saying it doesn't have a right to be wrong, but it just is imo. There, end of story.

Anyway, I only just stopped laughing at Little Faith's sig..

[pissedoffvoice]Aah, boy.[/pissedoffvoice]

pritch said:

Anyway, I only just stopped laughing at Little Faith's sig..

I'm not. :)

pritch said:
The Islamic faith is wrong. I'm not saying it doesn't have a right to be wrong, but it just is imo. There, end of story.

All ultra conservative religions are wrong.

I think it's stupid for uber-religious fruits to get all pissy over a little comment about their religion. I don't find that offending, I find it stupid for muslims to riot over that. I thought Islam was a religion of peace, not of violence..

Blame the rioters themselves..

I'm getting sick of hearing people having shitfits over itty bitty things like a newspaper comment and the BS that's happenning in Israel.

IMJack said:

Open season on rioters

Currently at least 215 dead, 500 wounded. We should pay some kind of tribute to the dead and wounded, victims of pointless, dumbass violence.

That conclusion can only be drawn if you think, in the 1st place, that life "makes sense" and that behavior is dictated by some kind of moral law that is "reasonable." Violence doesn't make any less sense than anything else. You have certain conditions, you get certain results. If that isn't clear, forget about not seeing the same results over and over again.

Religions are not the cause of anything. That would be talking them far too seriously. Take religious ultra-conservatism (or religion in general to a certain degree) as a story that dictates the structural guidelines of behavior under the conditions of social misery.

It is strange that the "liberal feminists" drove the Miss World competition out of England by demonstrating against it, now the Islamics (not renowned for their position on female rights) have drove it back to England. :P

heh

Africa in general is fucked over. AIDS, famine, racisim.

Personally, I think the editors of the newspaper did a bad job. Also, the rioters overreacted.