• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
doomedout

Moderators-Poll

Do you have any complaints about mods  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have any complaints about mods

• No, I\'m fine with them all. No complaints.
    • I have complaints about some of them.
    • Yes, I somehow have a problem with all of them.
    • I really don\'t give a rats ass.
    • Doomedout, stfu and stop being such a whiny prick.

Linguica said:

Why is no one mentioning how horrible a person I am? A few months ago it was all the rage?

Ling you're a fucking bastard. Go to hell.

I don't think I've ever had anything against a mod, but then again, I've hardly ever posted until just recently (I'm getting board with the internet).

But, someone at Doomworld gave me a hard time once when I sent news in, and I later learned he/she was a mod. I still have no problem with them, but I felt like a dumbass afterwords.

Fortunately i haven't crossed anyones paths, or been here long enough to actually piss someone off. So can i have a cookie too? :P

doomedout said:

heh.

No one word replies please, at least answer a question or reply to something instead of spamming for postcount++.

heh-surprised at the amount of ppl who do have a prob with at least one mod, i did not expect this sentiment to be THAT popular with the regular members...having said that, i want to take this opportunity to ask the mods to be a little more polite when they want to assert something and furthermore not to view this post as something whiny and something like a popularity contest...what I intended was something constructive and not something deconstructive.

AndrewB said:

[/b]In an unrelated issue, I think that one of the moderators abuses his/her power and threatens people way too much. He/she is also rude and shows absolutely no class to anyone who happens to know less than him/her on any particular subject. He/she has the attitude that if anyone (in his/her mind) knows less than him/her about any subject, they have NO right to talk about it on the forums, therefore the thread is closed. This moderator has also insulted and swore at many members totally unprovoked, out of the blue, just because he/she (the moderator) disagreed with a comment he/she came across. In my opinion, that's pretty bad.

How mature of you to not actually mention her name.

Archvile46 said:

Ling you're a fucking bastard. Go to hell.

Yeah, but would you have him any other way? :P

Seriously though if anyone ever has a problem with me tell me about it in a PM or something else private, and I'd recomend you do the same to anyone you still bear grudges with. You'll probably find after a good old chat you'll all get on fine. Except Katarhyne, stay well away from her :P

Lord FlatHead said:

How mature of you to not actually mention her name.

3) Yes, it IS indeed best NOT to say the name of the Mod you dislike, just vent.

Hmmm?

In an unrelated issue, I think that one of the moderators abuses his/her power and threatens people way too much. He/she is also rude and shows absolutely no class to anyone who happens to know less than him/her on any particular subject. He/she has the attitude that if anyone (in his/her mind) knows less than him/her about any subject, they have NO right to talk about it on the forums, therefore the thread is closed. This moderator has also insulted and swore at many members totally unprovoked, out of the blue, just because he/she (the moderator) disagreed with a comment he/she came across. In my opinion, that's pretty bad.

Hmmm, that must be me he's referring to...

The Reverend Julian said:

I bet it's me.

Nope, it's not you, believe it or not :P Like I said, I ain't gonna say who, cause I don't want my arse losered.

Linguica said:

Why is no one mentioning how horrible a person I am? A few months ago it was all the rage?

OMG, you are the shittiest webmaster I've ever run across! You're a fucking idiot! You suck donkey balls, Ling, and I hope you die a slow, painful death :P

I have no problems whatsoever with the mods. they all do a fine job. Admins? Well, I have a bit of a problem with one of them...... but nothing major.

Linguica said:

You suck. :P

People are banned for much less, never mind elevated to the status of Moderator.

I'm sorry guys but i think we are losing focus of the thread here, this thread was to voice your opinion on the moderators and hopefully state out any way which they can improve(if needed) or ways in which they could redeem themselves(if needed). I had not intended this to be some bashing.

There is no bashing. We are just stating our opinions. If they help, then ok then. If they don't, we'll try harder.

Lord FlatHead said:

Anyone who can read this thread and defend li'l Miss Precious in her unbelievable arrogance deserves a kick in the bean bag.

Someone had to say it. Don't leave for being honest Lord Flathead! Out of all the mods here she is the most abrasive. I'm glad our paths haven't crossed.

Lord FlatHead said:

I thought this was a public forum protected by the right to free speech. If some lameass wants to sanction me for being honest, maybe I should just leave.

Did I ever attack you personally? No, I just referred to the fact that BBG had given a piece of advice and that AndrewB did follow that advice - then you suddenly jump in and say that it's immature, thus making it look like you're bashing the crap outta AndrewB. And now you're playing all offended on me JUST because I pointed that out - boy, sometimes it's a little too easy to trigger your defensive comments, but then again, the same applies for myself.

So, you think it's immature not to mention the name of the person you dislike? ..Well...that's your opinion, fine, splendid excellent, good, now I know your opinion and it's nice to hear people voice their opinions (as long as they don't do it in a retarded manner which you didn't do, good). My opinion, however, is that it's perfectly alright - if you don't want to start a major argument but just need to vent some anger then it's fairly ok. But that's my opinion.

I just felt the need to indirectly state my opinion on your comment that's all.

dsm said:
So, you think it's immature not to mention the name of the person you dislike? ..Well...that's your opinion, fine, splendid excellent, good, now I know your opinion and it's nice to hear people voice their opinions (as long as they don't do it in a retarded manner which you didn't do, good). My opinion, however, is that it's perfectly alright - if you don't want to start a major argument but just need to vent some anger then it's fairly ok. But that's my opinion.

The point is everybody could recognize Kat in AndrewB's post. I do agree it can be better not to name people on certain occasions, but here, it's plain stupid.

I don't see the point of complaining about the mods, I have had my fair share of arguments here with mods and none-mods alike, on DW people often make remarks that get taken the wrong way( i have done it myself on occasion) but a lot of us talk on IRC and we all get along fine (most of us) At the moment, i don't have a problem with any of the mods, but one of them appears to have a problem with me (they know who they are as you probably all do) but we are not gonna name names, the point being, just because you don't like a mod, they do tend to do their job quite well, and as most of them have been mods for a while, they are bound to get a little pissed with us from time to time, if you have a problem with a mod, woudn't it be easier to PM them and have it out with them in private rather than slag them off constantly? I am not being hypocrital either, as i said before, the mod in question i spoke about appears to have a problem with me...not the other way around....

Vampirajay said:

on DW people often make remarks that get taken the wrong way

You're trying to insult me, aren't you?!
;-)