Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alientank

Something unique about Doomworld

Ct_red_pants said:

especially with a dial up connection.

Yes, Doomworld is even sort of OK from a mobile phone connection, as long as not too many people have stupid animated custom avatars that are more than 2K or so. :) [Even then it is OK as long as they're already in the cache.]

Seriously, the fact that people are quickly dealt with if they take a dump on the forums is probably the most important factor of all.

Also, their mess is picked up and thrown into the furnace to languish and be laughed at forevermore.

We have a relaxed set of rules that allows people to speak naturally, while they are still enforced strictly enough to catch flamers and trolls.

Umm, I wouldn't exactly say that the system works for catching flamers and trolls... :P

Fredrik said:

Umm, I wouldn't exactly say that the system works for catching flamers and trolls... :P

Heh. :)

deathz0r said:

there is one?

Well, if you take "strict no flaming, no trolling policy" to mean "ill-tempered, short-fused, extremely proactive moderators", then yes.

I come here because it's a nice, simple message board with good choice of colours, a number of people here post sensible, thought provoking posts (they didn't when I checked DW back in late 2000...or was it 2001?..where the D3 forum was full of pointless flames, but that was then) and stupidity is usually killed with a no-mercy policy :-) as does offending crap in general.

And there are no ridiculously large avatars, no stupid pics in the signature area and no flashy crap.

And best of all: There's a Post Hell where idiot shit is sent so people can see what isn't tolerated here. I know that Post Hell wasn't invented by DW (somethingawful wasn't it?), but it was a great thing to implement.

TheHighestTree said:

1. You post 500 times

2. Ling sends you a free bean burrito

WTF, Ling owes me four bean burritos, that's how many times I've hit 500 posts.