Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

AOL sucks it (big suprise)

OK, well when I got on the Internet this morning, I naturally went and loaded up AIM, just as I always do. However, my password wasn't in the password box, and I have my username to load up instantly whenever AIM starts. What this means is that I haven't had to type my password in for some time now, and that in turn means that I have forgotten it, naturally.
So I clicked the forgotten password link and thought maybe I would get some help with my password. I entered my username (DooMBoy19, for those of you who don't know). I assumed I did the right thing because it didn't say that my username was invalid or whatever. It told me that in a few minutes I should check my inbox, yada yada yada, for my password. So I went and played Doom for like fifteen minutes, which should of been more than enough time for GayOhHell to email to my password to me. So I quit ZDoom, logged onto the Internet, went to my inbox, guess what? No password e-mail from AOL.
So I wait another fifteen minutes, try again, same thing. Dammit.
Well, until I remember suddenly what my password is, or until I get an email from AOL telling me what my password is, no AIM for me :(

Reminds me of a lyric from the Cledus T. Judd song "The First Redneck on the Internet":

Well, the moral of the story as a matter of fact, in the morning I got my TV back.
My wife told me she'd like to come back as well. I told her to go straight to AOL.

:D

Linguica said:

You forgot your password and therefore AOL sucks?

I knew that was coming. No, AOL has always sucked. It sucks double-time now that I can't get on AIM. :(

Knowing you the email you enetered back when you were registering your screen name was either false or has been replaced with a new one since then.

So I guess AOL sucks because YOU fucked up, and now it sucks twice as much because you can't use it. Both such valid reasons it makes me actually like AOL more.

Well, in any case another one bit the dust, it's time for you to register Doomboy20. This time atleast fill out your home address so they can fedex you the password in some packiging peanuts incase you forget it again.

Umm, AOL has always sucked, and you realized one more reason why it sucked when it didn't send you a retrieval password.

You've probably already tried this, but is the AIM password the same as your e-mail password?

Fortunately for me I'm insecure enough and live in a house constantly full of assholes that might want to invade my privacy so I never leave the "remember password" option on, thus forcing me to actually remember them.

lol!! ha ha ha. well they do hav these nifty littl eprograms that let you see your aim password. just go on google and put in aim password hack. also, how did it change from automatially loging on to requireing your password? damn
most of my passwords are the same. i keep it simple

also, if you use hotmail, i suggest using softhome.net since its about 10billion times better. aol doesnt suck, it provides internetr to people that dont care about surfing. they read shit. but for a real pc user, yah it does suck. but for an 80 year old, its modern technology!

DEMOn said:

email tech support... or use another account perhaps?

Indeed, I made a new account, DooMBoy473, just in case you ever want to IM me :P
Heh I tried DooMBoy20, and wouldn't you know, that particular name was "taken". They took my name to be! >:(

This begs the question ..."Who could have taken the screen name 'DoomBoy20'?"
Sounds like sabotage to me.

I know...and it could be anyone.
/me glares at gatewatcher, then turns his gaze to submerge and Black Void

...whistles innocently and walks out...

...returns a few seconds later, grabs the last three bagels, and leaves again...

DooMBoy said:

I know...and it could be anyone.
/me glares at gatewatcher, then turns his gaze to submerge and Black Void

Hey now - I only registered 3 alternate accounts as DooMBoy 26, DooMBoy 67, and DooMBoy1203455634. Ok?

fraggle said:

The concept of 473 doomboys is terrifying.

Even as we speak, they are amassing their strength! Waiting to make their move!!

i have a set few passwords that i use, and so i never forget. also u either did not fill in an email address, gave a fake or it has changed. all u can do besides rember is reregister, and this time pick something u cant forget.

as for me i password almost every thing that can be. excpet screen saver. my bios asks for one on boot. the boot loader asks for one. windows doesn't but linux does, and then all my programs. i did that cause my bro would try to use my computer and seeing that i dont like him i didnt want him useing it unless i said so. also the goverment is watching me, time for my tin hat

fraggle said:

The concept of 473 doomboys is terrifying.

MUWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh, :(

that's too bad, AOL left out 2 letters in their name: A HOLE :P

and send youre unwanted AOL cds to this guy: http://www.nomoreaolcds.com

and now, how to make an AOL candy dish:

[1.]Take an AOL CD and a dish about the shape of the dish you want.

[2.]Place the CD on top of the dish and set the oven to 200 degrees F, then place the dish(with the CD on it) into the oven.

[3.]Keep an eye on it until the CD welds itself into the dish.

[4.]when the CD welds itself in, take the dish out and allow the contents to cool.

[5.]Find a way to plug up that stupid hole in the middle.

And there! Now you have an attractive AOL candy dish to show off to all of your friends! :D

Archvile46 said:

ROFL, you still have that title.

yea, i wish i could change it :/

well, atleast i have one! :P