30 members have voted

1. 1. How often do you edit levels?

• ALL THE TIME, BABY!!! W00T!!!!
    • A lot of the time
    • Sometimes
    • Every now and then
    • Hardly ever
    • Never

It varies, depending on my schedule. When I do want to edit and have the time, I really buckle down and work on stuff for hours per day. But when I don't...well, I don't.

A lot of the time. I'm actually getting pretty good IMO. Maybe not as good as a few others, but somewhat good.

almost never. on average, about 30 minutes a month or less. I pretty much gave up when I couldn't do much good things with maps.

KoRn said:

almost never. on average, about 30 minutes a month or less. I pretty much gave up when I couldn't do much good things with maps.

*cough* practice *cough*

Heh it's cold season. :P

I have editing spurts. Right now I'm in the middle of one... it'll probably end soon, which is a shame, as I never finish anything. Speaking of which, I need some good medieval textures. I've scoured Hexen, I should take a look at Heretic too.

Going to start on a big project soon. I'm warming up by not doing anything in the editing department until it starts. Also, I've found that speedmapping is a good way to test skills and a great pool for ideas, not that thats relevant. I'd say I do editing in spurts though.

A psychotic amount, in long-lived bursts seperated by quiet 'mappers block' periods.
I'm most of the way through map17 (Burial Crypt) of 'The Underworld', and i've just been grabbing ambient wavs from every source i can find and scripting events and sector types for them to be used in.

The actual mapping takes up several hours a day, largely during the evening, though as a husband and father i can't spend every waking minute on the damn thing :)

Well, 12 maps finished, 10 of those require updating to look more architecturally sound, 2 more to actually finish work on and another 18 to begin work on.

Help. Me.

I wish I could do it everyday. But mostly on my weekends and late late at night.

I worked on a project a good couple of months ago. The last map I did was in the speed mapping event 2 weeks ago. I'm slowly drifting away from mapping with every passing day.

Every Now and Then, I guess. I go through spurts too... and I think I just came out of one. Which is bad cos I have a map to finish. :/

...oh, and why is it that every time I vot in a poll, the one I chose is the pink one?
/me scratches head

Not nearly as often as I should. I've been working on the same map for over a year now. At least its coming along.

Not as often as I should. I occasionally set aside time dedicated to finishing any of the 100+ maps I've started, but most of the time I find that working with a pre-existing map takes a lot more time and concentration to make progress than simply rebuilding said map from scratch.

Not much at the moment, as I'm still doing all the off-level stuff for my new project.

(Why does it always seem to take forever to get all the graphics, sounds, data lumps etc. done for a big multi-map project, and then when you start the maps it feels like it's moving along fine?)

I am as I type this, silly :P

wait a minute, then how can I be editing as i type in the forums then that would mean I have more than one puter or that Im not editing but typing in this box for a post that makes 0 sense like my ways of life but then again I have DeePsea open to edit and im editing but Im not cause im typing here and then that doesnt mean Im editing but typing here instead of editing which I said I was doing right now but Im not which makes me a liar which makes me bend the truth which makes 1+3=5 and that makes me insane that im not editing and this all makes this a spam post :D

Eh.... every now and then... Usually when I'm really bored or if a small pinch of inspiration has been sprinkled on me, I'll start editing, but it usually never happens...

Just finished editing for today...
Where I live it`s now 3:26 in the morning, go figure...

I`m addicted 8-}

Lizardcommando said:

Eh.... every now and then... Usually when I'm really bored or if a small pinch of inspiration has been sprinkled on me, I'll start editing

Heh, that's why I have so many incomplete maps, I get all these ideas for individual rooms and scenes but I can never put them together into an entire map.

Lüt said:

Heh, that's why I have so many incomplete maps, I get all these ideas for individual rooms and scenes but I can never put them together into an entire map.

You are not alone. :\

Ichor said:

Maybe if you combine all of your incomplete maps into one...

Yeah, one huge big giant incomplete map :)

Lüt said:

I myself have this very same problem, or I did until I started Heretic DM mapping :)