• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tyockell

Question about the canadian navy??

ravage said:

They don't suck. They're just our slightly backwards brothers. :P

BBG said:

Heh, Canada doesn't suck...it's just full of stupid people.

But... surely America is the country with the highest percentage of stupid people? At least that's what every other country in the entire world thinks, and the fact that the US populace let in a president whose IQ is barely into double figures pretty much proves it =P

Canada sure ain't got a cricket team :P Lowest score of any 1 day international in the world cup , 36 all out :P

NiGHTMARE said:

But... surely America is the country with the highest percentage of stupid people? At least that's what every other country in the entire world thinks, and the fact that the US populace let in a president whose IQ is barely into double figures pretty much proves it =P

Well, the American dollar is worth more than the canadian...... uh..... Floobshwam.

Seriously though, I think canada is cool.

Canada rules, at least B.C. I'd like to live there one day if I can ever get enough money.

Tyockell said:

Which province you live?? where I live it sure as hint isent the cleanest environment. The rivers and lakes are so acidic and poluted we dont even have any fresh water fish here, we get dumped on from the jetstream 24/7 with the worst soap from ALLLL the major cities and that 1 out of 3 canadians are expected to get cancer in there life uhh???.

You're living in your secluded little world. Regardless of your personal situation, the country is among the very least polluted in the world.

As for best health care system ha yea right thats why everyones complaining theres no doctors/nurses and all the hospitals are going broke.

And strangely enough, it's still among the top 10 healthiest and wealthiest healthcare systems of all the 200+ countries in the world. You just don't realize how poor the rest of the world is.

Cheapest goods??? for god sakes we spend 50% more on sink than the states do.

You're mistaken again. About the only things that cost 50% more in Canada are cigarettes, alcohol, misc. drugs and pharmaceuticals, and car fuel. Almost everything else is about equal or slightly more expensive than the U.S.

and may i add the only reason we have the lowest rate of homeless people is because it gets so fudgie cold they all die off.

Wrong again. We have among the lowest rates of homelessness because we have among the lowest rates of homelessness. Especially considering that about 1/3 of the world's population is homeless.

Maybe the lowest crime rates in some areas but i sure as hair know enough people shot in just a city with 400,000 inhabitents. again goes to show you our gun laws arrreee uselesssss I could get a handgun if I wanted to and im only 15.

That's not surprising... You're speaking from isolated personal experiences, you're not looking at the broader picture.

Yep again ill take yer word on the percentage 11% of the worlds fresh water. What do we do with it we polute the the hulk out of it, with overdoses of iron, lead, zink, arsnick, mercury, a whole range of differnt chemicles used to clean out storage tanks for factories like bow water or michelin.

Again you are speaking for the one place where you happen to live. Let me guess, Winnipeg? Widely considered the worst city in the country to live and visit, second maybe to Hamilton.

Which this stuff is so toxic my friends dad works with this shop, it will kill you if you even were to get on drop of it on your skin. They are putting this sail in several rivers, and just changeing the color with blue die so you cant see the the yellow tinge.

Yadda yadda yadda, blah blblahblblaahh. You think it's better anywhere else in the world? Think again. Your city is not the whole freaking country.

NiGHTMARE said:

I didn't say anything was wrong with Canada, just slightly backwards. It's like a clean, but french, america. :P

AndrewB said:

You're living in your secluded little world. Regardless of your personal situation, the country is among the very least polluted in the world.

And strangely enough, it's still among the top 10 healthiest and wealthiest healthcare systems of all the 200+ countries in the world. You just don't realize how poor the rest of the world is.

[/b]You're mistaken again. About the only things that cost 50% more in Canada are cigarettes, alcohol, misc. drugs and pharmaceuticals, and car fuel. Almost everything else is about equal or slightly more expensive than the U.S.

Wrong again. We have among the lowest rates of homelessness because we have among the lowest rates of homelessness. Especially considering that about 1/3 of the world's population is homeless.

That's not surprising... You're speaking from isolated personal experiences, you're not looking at the broader picture.

Again you are speaking for the one place where you happen to live. Let me guess, Winnipeg? Widely considered the worst city in the country to live and visit, second maybe to Hamilton.

Yadda yadda yadda, blah blblahblblaahh. You think it's better anywhere else in the world? Think again. Your city is not the whole freaking country.

I dont live in a city i live back in the fuckin woods I just know a shit load of people from the city and that city is Halifax in nova scotia. A point on homelessness most of the homeless people are in "WARM" climates or large cities like new york toronto because they live in heavly populated areas with enough ooportunities to steal or live in subways and such. And iv heard several times the Canada is now one of the worst managers of its water and other resources right now even worse then some african countries.

There aren't any happy utopian problem-free countries in the world. But what you still fail to realize is that 99% of the other countries in the world have far more, and far worse problems. So really, to say that a country easily in the top 1% of living conditions in the world sucks, it's like calling the #2 finisher in a marathon with 10 thousand people a loser.

AndrewB actually has a point, I love this country :)

And pffft, my hamilton rules dammit, its not as stinky as you think, on the mountain anyways :P

fodders said:
Canada sure ain't got a cricket team :P Lowest score of any 1 day international in the world cup , 36 all out :P

People who live in glass houses shouldn't play cricket :)

MaCvILeWhOrE said:

AndrewB actually has a point, I love this country :)

And pffft, my hamilton rules dammit, its not as stinky as you think, on the mountain anyways :P

Yea my sister lives there it isent so bad its alot warmer in the spring there. One thing i did notice though is while playing outside my lungs would burn after about 10 minutes prolly from all the sulpher from the steal plants.

Canada and the US both have a lot of problems, but they are still better than most of the rest of the world. I.E. the rest of the world is even worse!

Have you ever been to Vancouver. I love that city. Just go like five miles north an you're in the fucking mountains. And walking along the waterfront is simply beautiful. Between the hills and the inlets, pretty much every place in the city has a nice view. They also have the largest Chinatown outside of China. In fact, it even feels like you're in China there unlike Seattle's shitty 3x3 block international district, where the only difference is that all the people there are asian. And then there is Stanley park, which is a real cozy little place...actualy, its a pretty big area, but whatever. The only bad part of town I've seen in this little stretch just north of Chinatown where there are a bunch of homeless addicts. But still, seems like a nice place.

Yeah, Vancouver is widely considered the most beautiful city in North America. I was there when I was 6.

I like Seattle better, but its just because I kinda grew up there. Victoria is also a nice city, but it's fucking crowded during tourist season.

The story of my discovering Doom in Vancouver is well-known by all, or at least it bloody well should be by now, heh

a) the canadian military had better watch out, they could all be killed in one traffic accident or something
b) i have nothing against canada
c) beavers too, its aboot time someone mentioned them, eh?

Please don't post on old threads like this.

It seems we've been getting a lot of this lately.