Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
geekmarine

Jedi Knight 3!!!

Woo hoo, I just found out that Raven is working on Jedi Knight 3. Jedi Knight 2 kicked a lot of butt, and I can't wait for the third (fourth?) installment to the series. I realize that it's not entirely Doom related, but I figured it would was close enough. I mean, it's Raven, long-time partners of id, and the Quake 3 engine, which was made by id. By the way, JK3 will also be done by the Q3A engine, in case anyone was curious. Go forth, and check it out at ravengames.com/jediknight3

not a lot known about this thing eh

I still think they should do the game with the Yuuzhan Vong :/

I'm a little confused. I picked up Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. Weren't the original Jedi Knight and Dark Forces two different games and is this some kind of sequal to both? I missed out on the old ones and I haven't installed this one yet. And is this the JK2 you're talking about or did I get some licensed crap posing as it.

Okay, here it goes. Here is the order of the games:

Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast
Jedi Knight 3: Jedi Academy

Does that help any?

geekmarine said:

Woo hoo, I just found out that Raven is working on Jedi Knight 3 .... Go forth, and check it out at ravengames.com/jediknight3

In every screenshot the only weapon I saw was a light saber. I'm not sure how interesting the gameplay would be with only a melee weapon.

Yes. Once you get the light saber in JK2, it's all you'll use from then on. It may be melee, but it's better than any of the actual guns available.

Plus there's lightsaber throw for when you absolutely need to hit something at range...

Does JK2 let you Force Grab weapons out of the enemies' hands, like you could in JK1?

After I figured out that power, that's all I used against lesser enemies.

IMJack said:

Does JK2 let you Force Grab weapons out of the enemies' hands, like you could in JK1?

After I figured out that power, that's all I used against lesser enemies.

Yes.

geekmarine said:

Dark Forces

Might also be worth mentioning the mission pack that tends to throw the counting out too.

Dark Forces
Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight - Mysteries of the Sith

Apart from the technical superiority of the engine, I thought Dark Forces and Jedi Knight were more enjoyable games, with better plot, more satisfying weapons and higher production "polish" than JK2.

And I think if the Yuuzhan Vong featured, I'd boycott the game.

I quite liked JK2, but I don't think I ever liked ANY of the weapons. The lightsaber was excellent, and was clearly better than anything else as it defended you too. The arsenal really wasn't very fun, and I found distance judgement really hard because FOV was locked at 80 (most games are 90, and I play at 115) if I remember correctly.

So I have the original Jedi Knight which happens to also be the second Dark Forces game?

Yup, pretty much. I never played the original but I did play Jedi knight, that was an awesome game. Jedi Knight II was amazingly fun too. With this new one having vehicles...i could imagine a scenario like in one of the early cutscenes of the first Jedi knight. (Spoiler kinda)(Just in case) Kyle has just fought his way out of a building...... in pursuit data disc, when three tie fighters roar towards kyle, then jan flies down in her ship to save the day and takes em out. That was cool. It would be in engine this time too, and the customizable player feature looks cool as well.

To confuse things even further, you played the same guy in Dark Forces, Dark Forces: Jedi Knight and Jedi Knight 2, but in Jedi Knight 3, you play someone else.

Never played any, and now that I don't like Star Wars anymore, it looks like I'll probably not play it ever.

the_Danarchist said:
Never played any, and now that I don't like Star Wars anymore, it looks like I'll probably not play it ever.

The new trilogy claims another victim :(

Or you can ignore the new trilogy and read some of the novels.

The Thrawn books and the New Jedi Order are some of the best things done for Star Wars.

It says that you won't play as Kyle! Then why the heck don't you just call it Generic Star Wars Jedi Ripoff?! I didn't play Dark Forces, Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight, Jedi Knight: Mysteries of the Sith, and Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast, as Kyle (and some Mara) for him to be dropped off the game!

Sorry about the ranting...Breath...Count..to..10...ahh