Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

First signs of Half life 2

Shaviro said:

Since when was Half-Life the best shooter of all times?

I believe gamespot said that.

Disorder said:

I believe gamespot said that.

Oh, well they're allways right!

hahah, Oh my god! the new half-life is about rescuing Tim Roth who is a clone of gordon who got stuck in the arctic!!!!!!!!! I noticed the snow type background as well, should be interesting to find out where it is.

Half-life might not be the best shooter of all time, but it is pretty bloody good.

Also, Black Mesa never struck me as an empty place, although I can see how it can be seen that way, it always struck me as a warzone, especially in Opposing Forces. With so many forces fighting over the facility. The fighters and choppers you see flying as well, not to mention the air strikes.

Rotting Corpse said:

Looks fake.

It is real, it was scanned from a magazine.
Not quite as impressive as Doom III as far as I can judge from 1 blurry scanned screenshot, but I like it so far.

No that looks fake to me, it looks like a bad scan anyway, but that doesn't look like game graphics, looks more like a photo with a game gun put on it, "It looks too real" to me. The alien does look impressive though. If it is real though, then wow. But I'll hold my judgement till when I see a good scan.

wel.. it looks like the lichting is even more better then doom3's because if you look at the end of that hallway it looks like real

heh, i'm pretty sure that isn't real. that looks like a photo with a gun tacked on to me, like that bastard said. but what in hell do i know.. and i don't know how they did that monster, looks rather nice.

Shaviro said:

Doesn't look too good for a 2003 game.

heh, it could use the half-life engine for all i care, at this point i hardly care for better graphics. and it certainly looks better than the doom3 alpha, just without all the omg special lighting. it looks like it's taking the original half-life route and going for something that looks realistic rather than overly pretty (ugh, quake2/3)

sargebaldy said:

heh, it could use the half-life engine for all i care, at this point i hardly care for better graphics. and it certainly looks better than the doom3 alpha, just without all the omg special lighting. it looks like it's taking the original half-life route and going for something that looks realistic rather than overly pretty (ugh, quake2/3)

the lighting sure looks unrealistic.

Shaviro said:

the lighting sure looks unrealistic.

So far I must say that I too find the lighting disappointing. But we'll see, maybe the game is fantastic gameplaywise.

Disorder said:

So far I must say that I too find the lighting disappointing. But we'll see, maybe the game is fantastic gameplaywise.

Or maybe they're early screenshots :D

Because quite frankly, the lighting in the 2nd scan is UGLY.

I don't care for high graphics anymore. I just want to see someone do 3rd edition D&D justice with their engine...though I did hear NWN did a good job. Thats my new goal. To get a computer that can run Neverwinter Nights.

Okay, so that second shot looks better, alot better, more beleivable but jeez, what is with that light near the soldier? It looks like something from Quake 2. Which is kind of odd considering everything else looks nice. The alien in the shot looks like a large version of the spike spitter from OpFor, which means that it might follow on from the expansions, and we might see Sheppard. Sweet.

The second shot looks ok. I dont like the over all look of the two shots. The background and people look to realistc.
It makes the monsters look like some thing out of a b-movie. Also the lighting sucks.
I dont like how that grunt looks. I love how they looked in half-life 1.

On planethalflife.com's HL introduction they call itself the best FPS game of all... = bullcrap, imo

999cop said:

On planethalflife.com's HL introduction they call itself the best FPS game of all... = bullcrap, imo

Heh, they haven't even played the game yet.

999cop said:

yeah, half-life was like a slow-paced doom with aliens instead of demons. i liked it, but it wasn't all that incredibly awesome.

sargebaldy said:

yeah, half-life was like a slow-paced doom with aliens instead of demons. i liked it, but it wasn't all that incredibly awesome.

Agreed.

Actualy, the first time I played it I was blown away. But I like Doom better.