Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Alcohol Consumption

Do you consume alcohol?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you consume alcohol?

• Yes
    • No
    • i`m a bit drunk atm cause i had 5 cans of bournebon like over 2 literes of it, so therefore i rule and ralph siucsl.

I tried beer once, back when I was younger, absolutely hated the stuff. How some of you guys can sit and drink the stuff to the point where your brain turns to sludge just baffles me. Ugh.
And no, I don't do any other drugs either.

In the past six months I've finally given in to alcohol, tobacco and marijuana. I am very aware that these should be used with care, so I don't go nuts with any of them. Three or four cigarettes a day, alcohol maybe once a week, and weed once or twice per week (special occasions not included).

DooMBoy said:

I tried beer once, back when I was younger, absolutely hated the stuff. How some of you guys can sit and drink the stuff to the point where your brain turns to sludge just baffles me. Ugh.
And no, I don't do any other drugs either.

There are forms of alcohol other than beer you know :P I despise beer

Lord FlatHead said:

In the past six months I've finally given in to alcohol, tobacco and marijuana. I am very aware that these should be used with care, so I don't go nuts with any of them. Three or four cigarettes a day, alcohol maybe once a week, and weed once or twice per week (special occasions not included).

Three or four a day? Jesus, how can you stand that little? O_o

BBG said:

Not all of us are addicted like you :P

BBG said:

I'm not sure how anyone can stand cigarettes at all myself.

Lord FlatHead said:

Great, another person who's going to grow up to complain about being unwelcome in restaurants and forced to stand outside in the cold.

AndrewB said:

Great, another person who's going to grow up to complain about being unwelcome in restaurants and forced to stand outside in the cold.

Personal experience of feeling unwelcome?

(j/k)

Ahh it's great. Here in England, we can smoke cigarettes wherever the hell we like. Although I personally don't like marijuana, you can walk down the street with joints in hand too.

ToXiCFLUFF said:

you can walk down the street with joints in hand too.

Not legally, you cant.

I enjoy alcohol, and I enjoy getting drunk occasionally, but it's not a regular or necessary thing for me. My tastes tend towards:

Beer - A good amber ale or a stout, especially Newcastle Brown Ale (the best beer in the world!)... none of that Miller High Life-type vomit.

Irish whiskey - My dad's educated me well. He has 38 different kinds, and taught me how to appreciate the stuff.

Vodka - Mmmmmmmmmm.

Schnapps & rum are good too. I also like amaretto sours once in a while, not to get drunk but just to chill and relax.

I smoke, but only VERY rarely. Last time I smoked was probably a month ago, and before that I never had more than one or two cigarettes a week.

And to think none of you spoke up when I posted a thread on hangover cures. For shame...

I drink, but not nearly as much as I used to in my "younger days".

ToXiCFLUFF said:

Here in England, we can smoke cigarettes wherever the hell we like.

Fortunately, it's not quite as bad as that. London Underground, many trains and other public transport systems do not allow it, and where it is allowed (e.g. in restaurants), it is generally segregated fairly effectively. Companies and offices often have no-smoking policies too (or at least strictly defined smoking areas).

In my experience, the UK is better in this respect than many other European countries, but still some way behind the USA.

AndrewB said:

at least he's going to grow up at some point, you sickening social retard

You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer. --Frank Zappa

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut. --Ernest Hemmingway

Always remember that I have taken more out of alcohol than alcohol has taken out of me. --Winston Churchill

He was a wise man who invented beer. --Plato

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time. --Catherine Zandonella

A woman drove me to drink and I didn't even have the decency to thank her. --W.C. Fields

Sir, if you were my husband, I would poison your drink. --Lady Astor to Winston Churchill

Madam, if you were my wife, I would drink it. --His reply

If God had intended us to drink beer, He would have given us stomachs. --David Daye

Work is the curse of the drinking class. --Oscar Wilde

When I read about the evils of drinking, I gave up reading. --Henny Youngman

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. --Benjamin Franklin

If you ever reach total enlightenment while drinking beer, I bet it makes beer shoot out your nose. --Deep Thought, Jack Handy

Without question, the greatest invention in the history of mankind is beer. Oh, I grant you that the wheel was also a fine invention, but the wheel does not go nearly as well with pizza. --Dave Barry

The problem with the world is that everyone is a few drinks behind. --Humphrey Bogart

Why is American beer served cold? So you can tell it from urine. --David Moulton

People who drink light "beer" don't like the taste of beer; they just like to pee a lot. --Capital Brewery, Middleton, WI

Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world. --Kaiser Wilhelm

I would kill everyone in this room for a drop of sweet beer. --Homer Simpson

Not all chemicals are bad. Without chemicals such as hydrogen and oxygen, for example, there would be no way to make water, a vital ingredient in beer. --Dave Barry

I drink to make other people interesting. --George Jean Nathan

They who drink beer will think beer. --Washington Irving

An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools. --For Whom the Bell Tolls, Ernest Hemingway

You're not drunk if you can lie on the floor without holding on. --Dean Martin

All right, brain, I don't like you and you don't like me - so let's just do this and I'll get back to killing you with beer. --Homer Simpson

drugs are pretty fantastic. i'm all for them. despite the myriad agonies they can cause. at least they're entertaining.

The best way to cure a hangover is to drink more. Obviously you havent had enough if you can feel things when you wake up.

Drinking is rad.

So uh, would somebody please buy me some vodka, cranberry juice, and sprite? I'm 18 you see... and broke. But at least I'm pretty.

Oh, and when drinking, keep consuming sugar, potassium, and water. It'll replace what the alcohol causes you to metabolize excessively, thus preventing hangover.

darknation said:

at least he's going to grow up at some point, you sickening social retard

Killing one's self slowly and/or quickly = growing up? No, seriously, that's what I take issue with. There's nothing mature about impulsively turning to harmful substances in harmful quantities, for any reason.

Yes, alcohol can definitely be consumed in moderate, enjoyable, and healthy quantities. Tobacco cannot. There is no "moderation" or "healthy level" for cigarettes. Taking up addicting and dangerous drugs is not a sign of maturity or social eptitude, but basic weakness to resist what is most likely peer pressure, and the inability to learn from the mistakes of others. It's a decision that easily 90% of people end up strongly regretting. I'll bet that's a very conservative figure.

But as for your comment, it's an immature jab that has no bearing on reality. If you disagree, you should post a counter-argument, with actual substance, that has some chance of convincing somebody of something.

But I'm sure that if you read carefully, you'll see that my opinions are quite reasonable and tolerant.

AndrewB said:
But I'm sure that if you read carefully, you'll see that my opinions are quite reasonable and tolerant.

but AndrewB also said:
Utterly stupid. Melody and/or lyrics is the only thing that makes good music. Like it if that's what pleases you, but please don't call it music, because it's simply not.

But what the heck is with society, more specifically teenagers' backwards-worshipping? Bad music is considered good, healthy food is always bad and the greasier the food the better, only the most dangerous and destructive pastimes (alcohol, drugs, extreme stunts) are considered acceptable. What the heck is wrong with teenagers?

Well, I guess it’s tolerant in the sense that you didn’t call for all teenagers to be hunted down and shot.

AndrewB said:

Killing one's self slowly and/or quickly = growing up? No, seriously, that's what I take issue with. There's nothing mature about impulsively turning to harmful substances in harmful quantities, for any reason.

Yes, alcohol can definitely be consumed in moderate, enjoyable, and healthy quantities. Tobacco cannot. There is no "moderation" or "healthy level" for cigarettes. Taking up addicting and dangerous drugs is not a sign of maturity or social eptitude, but basic weakness to resist what is most likely peer pressure, and the inability to learn from the mistakes of others. It's a decision that easily 90% of people end up strongly regretting. I'll bet that's a very conservative figure.

that is the most mature statement ever put on the Doomworld forums.
I don't think you belong with these people. :)

hmm, let's consume/inhale chemicals which damage/kill our living tissue -- that sounds like a good idea! Why do you think you vomit from drinking alcohol... it is poison. yeaaahh, that's smart.

Why is that whenever someone posts a poll/question on Doomworld we all end up splitting sides, posting the same old crap, and then start be a big bunch of normans?

PS. I agree with mewse.