Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

About the sickest I’ve ever been is...

Chicken pox, back in 1996 I believe it was.

Although I have never vomited since the 24-hour flu, which was maybe 10 or 11 years ago.

Let me see, other than the flu, the chickenpox and other usual child diseases I haven't experienced anything really bad at all. I'm sure Tobester has an interesting story to tell.

Had a temperature of 106/107. Peeps said I would die if it continued to remain that way, so had to take a cold ass shower and constantly have wet towels put on my forehead. Unfortunately for me, for you guys who have to listen to this, for the world -I take up space, food and will take someone's job in the near future...I survived.

Also, when I was three, I had pneumonia.

I had ear infections out the ass when I was a baby. Doctors weren't sure I'd be able to hear if I kept getting them, but they stopped soon enough.

I had chicken pox AND strep throat at the same time in second grade. I wasn't in school for a good two weeks.

This semester I had a shitty case of mono.

Yeah, pretty mundane.

One time, I made fun of Shapeless about him being sick with AIDS and he gave me AIDS with his mind!

Well I haven't really ever been THAT sick. There was one time 4 or 5 years ago where I was full of the cold, and had weird psychadelic dreams. Also I once slipped on sand at school when I was like 6 or 7 and caught my head off the corner of a table... missed my eye by millimetres. I still have the scar today :D

Strep throat when I was in grade school. I don't know which was worse: the sensation like white phosphorous burning in my throat, or the unspeakably awful medicine they gave me for it.

Not an illness, per se, but the Accutane therapy I was on last year nearly destroyed my liver and had no effect on my skin, other than permanent clubbing and scarring on my fingertips.

When I was 6 I had pneumonia, I was horribly sick but pulled through. A year later I came down with the same thing and had to be airlifted to Boston where I was hospitalised for a month and a half. I knew it was bad when my class came to visit me from Bridgewater, a good hour and a half away.

Ed said:

A year later I came down with the same thing and had to be airlifted to Boston where I was hospitalised for a month and a half.

Yeah, I haven't been airlifted anywhere yet. It's one of my goals.

I've had all the usual cases of stomach flu, fever, the runs, chickenpox, etc etc. I remember back when I was 11 or 12 I had my appendix removed due to appendicitis. Also, when I was a wee baby, they had to do open heart surgery on me.

I dont know what it's called. I was sick for 2 weeks. I couldnt hold down water. The last 3 days I was in a hospital.
I was elargic to MSG. That gave me migrans and i puked alot.

Uhh, probably either this time in middle school when I had a temperature of 104 or 106 (the flu, I think) or when everybody thought I had apendicitis because of the severe stomach ache I had. In the end, it was because I had eaten so much chocolate pudding the night before while playing Mortal Kombat on my Genesis. I've actually never really been all that sick. Though, we all thought we had Tuburculosis at one time.

Well when I was about 12 or 13 I was really ill, I don't remember exactly what was wrong with me, but I had to keep to my bed for quite a while. I think I haven't been quite as healthy since.

But then, the illness that I recall as causing me the most suffering was when I had a bad fever, again I had to stay in bed, I was hot and sweaty, and to top it off the fever gave me hallucinations that reptile creatures were surrounding me.

But maybe the grossest illness I had was when there was an infection in my lungs and I was coughing up bloody phlegm. But at least I was still able to do a little during that one.

Last winter, when I got Norwalk. Most unpleasant sick evar (stuff coming out both ends of the same consistency at the same time == not so good).

When I was about 5 or 6 I had a really high fever accompanied by severe hallucinations and delerium. I've had the chicken pox TWICE. Also, some other minor stomach bugs and fevers with minor hallucinations.

timmie said:

Last winter, when I got Norwalk. Most unpleasant sick evar (stuff coming out both ends of the same consistency at the same time == not so good).

Was your avatar inspired by this little episode? :)

I had chicken pox when I was about 11, which is pretty late, so it was pretty bad. I even had one on my wang.

Collic. Very, very painful. I was only 5. And I totally fucked my ankle up but I wouldn't call that 'sick'

Broken my left arm 3 times in hockey over the years.
2 concussions.
Colds and flu's, etc etc

Nothing much. A bit of erisipelas (sp? - it's an infection easily treated with antibiotics) on one occasion. I might well have been close to alcohol poisoning once or twice while I was a teenager, but each time I just woke up the next morning with a headache and wondering, e.g., who had vomited almost pure vodka all over my bookcase.

I broke a rib once, but that was just painful, and not really the same as being sick. A sprained ankle too, but that just felt (and looked) weird, rather than painful. How I laughed on the way to the hospital.