Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Captain Red

About the sickest I’ve ever been is...

That reminds me. Back in 1996, me and my brothers and dad went camping, and I had a, shall we say, "bad experience" with yellowjackets.

I had just come off the USS Essex after a six month training exercise. Apparently, I had caught a nasty variant of this stomach virus that was spread fromt the ship's mess deck. All I did that day was puke. Seriously, I puked for hours. And pooped. A little. Anyway, they later had to seal the ship in dry dock due to the illness this nasty little bug had spread, and half of my outfit was down for a couple of days.

I hate Navy ships.

I was about 6. I was in day care. I had some brown durt like stuff behind my right ear. One of the people that worked at the day care said I needed to wash behind my right ear. So I go into the restroom and wash behind my ear. The dirt didnt come off. So she calles my mom.
My mom takes me home and trys to wash the dirt off. She look at the towl she was useing. Theres blood on it. The dirt like stuff was cracking and bleeding. So she takes me to the hospital. it turns out that the stuff behind my ear was streptacoki. The virus that couses strep thorat. It was an extirnal form of the virus. It was growing behind my ear. The doc know about it but never seen it befor. The stuff grows very fast. We were lucky. If the stuff got into my ear and spreed. It would have infected my brian and I would hve died. True Story.